cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan-ChaRM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementing SolMan 7.01, Service desk, Incident/Issue Management and integrating to HP Service Desk in a 14 week schedule.

How difficult is it to add ChaRM Integration in to this scope? How complex is a ChaRM Integration, Low, Medium, High? What are some of the "gotcha's" I need to be aware of to integrate with ChaRM? Is there one place that can provide an overview of the benefits of using ChaRM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the things I need to watch out for. I have heard there are very few successful integrations between ChaRM and SolMan?

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Charm is a very vast topic which allows you to cutomize in all its aspects. Its not that charm is vey complicated. The SAP standard charm can be activated through SPRO. The additional information you can obtain from the RKTs given in SMP. But if your change request stratergy is complicated or different than what SAP standard says, you may need to know some concepts of CRM and integrate that to Solman.

Before configuring charm, you need to make sure that your transport stratergy supports that. You can find the details from the mentioned SPRO.

I hope this clears your doubt. Please reply back if there is still any concern.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is ABAP required to integrate SolMan with HP Service Desk? What about integration with any other third party tool such as Mercury?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP is definitely needed for CHARM. Since you better have CHARM on SM, so there is no reason to find a system w/o ABAP

to configure service desk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

you can integrate ChaRM with Service desk.

Goto SPRO->SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Request Management->

Standard Configuration->General Activities->Activate Integration with Change Request Management

Benefits of ChaRM

1) All changes keep documented, no manual approval/email approval required

2) Can be extract all history of changes using report immeditely.

3) All transports moves automatically so it minimize the resourse means cost.

4) Too much secure, cannot possible wrong transport/changes.

5) SLA can be maintain.

and many more ......

Suman