cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps using Webdynpro

former_member206377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to display google Maps in a webdynpro APPLICATION.. can anyone help in understanding how this can be achieved.,.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are on 7.0 Enhancement Package 1, then I would suggest using Flash Islands. There is a Flex Component version of Google Maps that can be embedded interactively into Web Dynpro. Here is a tutorial that discusses this:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/SAPRichIslandsforAdobe+Flash

and

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDA_GMaps

Another approach would be to use the iFrame UI element. However iFrame was depricated at one point and is removed from 7.0, 7.1, and 7.01 with a particular support package level. Although the iFrame element will return and be supported again with 7.02/7.20, its remove by support package in the current code lines makes any design requiring it dangerous.

Another option would be to use BSP for the Google Maps. You could then run your application in the portal and have two iViews on the page - one for WDA and one for the BSP Google Maps. They can communicate with each other using Portal Eventing.

former_member206377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply . I have already gone thru the e tutorial by you on Google map integration using Adobe flash Islands,. But unfortunately, client system is not on 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 and neither is BSP preferred. Hence we are planning to integrate it using WEbdynpro.

Kindly provide any links or steps need to be followed..

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vasuki

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your ownly choice if you don't want to use non-WDA (BSP) or FlashIslands would be to use the iFrame. But as stated this is pretty dangerous. You could create a solution using the iFrame that works perfectly fine today, but then the cusotmer upgrades to the latest support package for some fixes and your application is completely broken because of the removal of the iFrame UI element.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasuki,

you will not be able to integrate Google Maps into WebDynpro natively because of the Framework characteristic of WebDynpro you don't have direct access to the JavaScript that is generated by the WebDynpro Rendering Engine.

Best regards

Gregor

former_member206377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your reply.

If so then I think I have to use the WebDynpro component and call a custom BSP to do a Google Map integration into Webdynpro.

I will refer to your blog for Google Map integration, and will get back in case fo any issues.

Thanks,

Vasuki