cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynrpo Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have been using the searchhelp functionality developed by DIRK as shown in the below Blog. I am having a problem in using this Search help plugin in NWDS. My problem is:- I am only able to use this plugin for one webdynpro Project/DC. If I use this for another project it is throwing a "Nested Exception" by giving a message "Are all referenced items deployed" and "deployment of atleast one item is failed".

/people/dirk.rehberg/blog/2006/12/27/generic-search-help-for-web-dynpro-for-java

I think people who have used this Plugin may be aware of what I am talking about. I have been trying to resolve this problem for a while and was not successful. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

The problem is not with plugin.Generally NestedException willbe arised if ur compoenet name is same as the component in other .ear file

To avoid Nested EXception

try this.

1)rename the component .

2)rename the application name in the project.i.e, delete it and create new application.

3)deploy and run.

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have done this several times and tried completely deleting the project and creating a new project from scratch. But, I am still getting the same error message again and again, which is really annoying me. Have you used this plugin before? If so, you are the right person I want to speak with. It would be a great help if you could help me in reoslving this issue, as this has been bothering me for a while now. I hope you can understand my frustration.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I have studied the blog but I never implemented it b'cos i didn't know where to download the plugin.Could u please tell me where to download that.

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I dont think it is available anywhere to download. I just got it through an e-mail from the creator of that plugin. I can send you that for you if you want! Let me know how you want me to send it.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I send a mail to ur id from my gmail.Please check that once as I am unable to type my id

Thank you .

Regards,

srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have e-mailed you the plugin. Let me know if you have not received it.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it . Thank u very much.I'll try with it and let u know the result.

Regards,

srikanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pobably it look like a pluging problem, Did you put the plughing in right folder and R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Thanks a lot for reply. Yes, the plugin was working fine for my first project. Have you used this plugin before?

Now, I figured out what the problem is, but I dont know how to resolve it. The problem is, everytime we run the plugin wizard, it creates a webdynpro component automatically without needing any coding. You can just deploy the project and run it. But, everytime it create the same component name automatically i.e., "SearchHelpComp".

But, if I try and change the name of the component it has got so many dependancies as the plugin is linked to the backend, and it is throwing a "Null pointer exception". Could you please help me to resolve this issue, I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.