Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB1B Movement Type 311 in WM

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quick Question, I want to do a movement between SLOCs so I am using MB1B. I have it configured so when I click Save it automatically creates a TO in the foreground which is how i want it.

The Question is that when the TO is created, the Destination BIN is greyed out with a BIN in it. I want the ability to overide the BIN and Storage Type as when I am doing the transfer in the TO i want to say in which Storage type I am moving it to as well as the new BIN.

How can I achieve this?

Let me know.

Thanks

Adeel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel,

Try this out.

Go to SPRO-WM-Master Data-Define Storage Type,

Maintain the field "Dst bin ch. during confirm" as 1 (Storage bin can be changed during confirmation)

Nagesh

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel

My suggestion is goto

SPRO - IMG - Logistic execution --- Activities --- Transfer -

Define Movement Type

select the Movement type and click on detail button. In the Screen control tab-- TO confirmation ( change the parameter to 2)

Regards

Manish Kumar

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my original question i already have that!.

The Question was that when the TO is created, the Destination BIN is greyed out with a BIN in it. I want the ability to overide the BIN and Storage Type as when I am doing the transfer in the TO i want to say in which Storage type I am moving it to as well as the new BIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the process which you are following step by step ?

Hope that will help to understand the issue which you are facing more clearly.

Regards,

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) MB1B

2) Enter Material, Quantity and SlOC material resides and SLOC where material I want to tranfer too,.

3) Click Save

4) Transfer Order Screen appears on Save as per config setting.

5) Details of BIN defaulted aswell as Storage Type is defaulted and Both fields are greyed out which means I can not edit these fields.

6) Click Save. which Auto Confirms the TO aswell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per SAP WM Standard, when you create a transfer posting document, System will create either a TR or a Posting Change Notice (PCN) based on the settings you have done in IMG - LE - WM - Interfaces - Define Mov.types (IM-WM)

So as per WM logic used of transfer posting, system will first move the stock from your source storage bin to an intermediate bin which you have defined in the mov.type 311 as Destination Storage type & Storage Bin in the LE - WM - Activities - Define Mov.types.

i.e when you do a 311 mov. in IM, System will create either a TR or PCN & will propose the bin & storage type which you have specified in the above settings.

Finally you can convert the TR or PCN into a TO which will move the stock to the desired SL where you want to move the stock & here the Storage type & Bin is determined using Storage type Search.

Now to coming to the solution part, give the Storage type & bin manually when you create a TO against the TR or PCN created for the 311 material doc.

Hope its Clear.

Thanks & Regards,

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAPFC

I understand the logic but i guess the question is that via MB1B the PCN that is generated, how does the system know that which BIN its in?

Lets assume I have a material A in two BINS. How does SAP know when I am doing MB1B that which Bin i want it from? I haven't specified the BIN but its picking the BIN based on FIFO by the looks of it,

Thanks

Adeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I will explain the scenario with an example.

Suppose you want to move material A from SL X to SL Y. You do a 311 mov. in IM.

Now you have stock for the above Material A in two storage types say XXX & YYY.

When you do a transfer Posting using 311, system will create a PCN.

System will determine the Source Storage type based on the Automatic Storage type search & Storage Bin from which material is to be removed based on the Stock removal strategy defined for the storage type & based on Automatic Storage Bin search.

System will determine the details of the Destination Storage type & Bin from the settings which I have mentioned in my previous thread.

Hope its Clear.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is much information provided to you by SAP FC.When you say how the system picks the storage type and bin(in your second response) it is through the storage type search strategy and the removal strategy in the material master data.If you want to specify the stoareg type and bin then I would prefer not to go with Auto TO with 311 movement type.If you want not to specify the st type and bin and to sepcify that during the confirmation you can choose the above answer given by Nageshwar Rao.You first question says its during the putaway, then you can choose answer from Nageshwar rao.When you say during removal , please not to go with auto TO.

Hopes it clears your question

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are these storage location WM managed?

Regards,

Prashant

adeel_sarwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, 1 Warehouse with 3 slocs which are linked to the 1 warehouse.

Thanks

Adeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure , Try the following setting,

Warehouse management -->Activities >Define transaction parameters>

check the transaction which comes while creating TO(I thing it should be lt04)

Make the setting for Forground.

Dev..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not sure whether I got your issue correctly.

As per your thread, the TO is created immediately in the background when you save the Material document which is as per the settings which you have made.

Based on the automatic storage type & bin search system will determine the storage type & bins.

Also since the TO is created automatically, the storage type & bin fields in the TO are in display mode.

Now if you want these fields to be editable then you have to follow the LT04 process of creating TO based on TR.

Thanks & Regards,