cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Screen Mandatory fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mates

I have a requirement that in the iniatial screen of VA01(Create Sales order) i need the all the fields to be made mandatory so that enduser needs to enter all the details viz Order type,Sales Org,Dist channel,Division,sales Office & Sales Group.

In standard it will be like mandatory field will be only Order type.

I need to know whether it will be done from SD configuration or else Basis consultant will do this.

Thanx in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you can do using the TRANSACTION VARIANT using the the transaction code SHD0

Please create the Variant using the following steps

Steps are like:

1. SHD0 .... give the TCode

2. Go to tabs u201CStandard variantsu201D and then to u201CVariant Groupu201D

3. Give a group name and press enter. System will automatically suggest the Transaction Variant and click on create.

4. After defining Text desc. save it.

5. Create Screen variant.... system will take through the screens of the Tcode for which you want to create a variant to suppress some content. During these steps, maintain the Menu Functions when you get to that. At last you need to "Exit and Save".

6. While you save the Variant. it will propose you to include in a "Workbench Request"

7. Now we need to create a u201CVariant Transactionu201D for this Transaction Variant just created.

8. Go to SE93

9. Put a Customer Name of the Transaction for the transaction you want to create a Variant (for e.g. ZM01 for MM01)

10. select the option u201CTransaction with Variant (Variant Transaction)u201D.

11. In next screen, provide the TCode (that is in use to create the Variant) and u201CTransaction variantu201D that we created in the previous section.

12. Save and Exit.

cheers,

santosh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a stupid requirement.

The fields will be mandatory on the next screen - you can't enter a sales order without specifying the sales area. After a customer has been entered, there is a window that pops up to pick the sales area. It's actually me preferred method of entering this information - I don't like typing much.

What sense does it make to restrict your users like that? Also, keep in mind, some values will be stored in memory. So if a user would like to enter an order in another sales area without exiting the transaction, he/she will have to delete the data from the fields and type the new data. I don't think your users will be happy about it.

It's just an additional effort right now, more hassle for the users and another maintenance item at the next upgrade. Whoever came up with this requirement was not thinking clearly IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyn,

Fields in sales order can be made mandatory by ABAPer.

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVA2,Select Sales-Header=A.

Sales-Item=B

In procedure select =11 and maintain required fields which ever youwant.

Revert if need clarity

Regards

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no SD configuration for this. You can try using a screen variant.

Regards,

Aroop