Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Deletion using R3trans

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We would be using R3trans to delete the client.

Is there a problem (performance wise or any other) if we delete a client during normal operational hours?

Secondly, do I need to delete the T000 entry before running R3trans u2013w <log file name> -u 1 <command file name >

OR after I have deleted teh client?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the either way SCC5 or R3trans.

In R3trans your SAP system performance is not much effected as resource is not used in the name of SAP application,

because the R3trans run in os level. ( but still there will be effect of performance)

Please check following links use full one

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/DeletingSAPclientsusingR3trans-itisuseful.

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/proper-way-to-delete-a-sap-client.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

I would suggest you to delete the client using SCC5 Tcode as you will have option of doing a test run. Also, please let us know in which system you are deleting the client i.e., development, quality or production.

Always do it in test mode first and then take a bakcup of the system and then proceede the excat deletion. Better to do in when there are no users logged in the system.

Regards

Sharath

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot use SCC5

This is a very strange situation we have here. There are no users in this client.

Not even SAP*.

The client doesn't know why this client was created in the first place, way back in 2005.

So I thought to give R3trans a shot.

So, if anyone having experience with using R3trans with any tips should be helpful.

Especially with possible errors encountered or any data loss, etc.

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only good piece of advice I can give you is take a backup before proceeding...

Also have you tried to logon using SAP* user PASS?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gautam,

Strange thing is that there are no users exists in the systems, then as per me it could only be a new client just created without any client copy performed

As said above try loign with user SAP* and password pass. This shud work, even if you are not able to login then check the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is having and change the value to 0 if it is 1 and restart the instance once as this is static parameter and then try login with SAP* and pass, as per me it should allow you.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all the replies.

Just one more query - Do I delete the SCC4 entry(T000) before I delete the client or after the client is deleted?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

After the client deleted.If using scc5 then the check box for delete client from T000 will be there.If checked that will delete it from the list automatically.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using R3trans, so when should I delete the SCC4 entry? before or after deletion of teh client?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After... as said above

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never used R3trans to delete a client but in any case I'll always do this tasks at off-peak or non-working hours as it does affect performance of the system (don't know if more or less than using SCC5)... also pretty much depends on if the client to be deleted is on your Production box or in any other non-critical system

Read,

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/DeletingSAPclientsusingR3trans

Regards

Juan