cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created inquiry and quotation for prospective customer. when he places the order, he is changed into main customer by changing the account group and maintained other important details like account assignment group, tax classification etc. I assigned same no range for both account groups. when i create a sale order with reference to quotation, it has not copied data from the main customer(system copies data from prospective customer) though the customer code is same. i don't want to copy sold to party from the preceding doc. so that i enter sold to party in order. is there any routine available (i tried routine "002- partner different header. it does nt work). How can i achieve the same.

Regards

Sankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

Your explanation is little confusing to me.

What I understood is, You want a Sold-to-party in the Sales order which is different than that of the Sold-to-party in the Quotation.

In standard settings, system copies the Sold-to-party from the Quotation to the Sales order. That means, if Quotation has been created for Customer C1, then Sales order can be created for Customer C1 only, with reference to this Quotation.

You can not create an Order for Customer C2, refering this Quotation and this is ensured by the "Copying Requirement 001" at Header level of the Copy control table (VTAA).

This Copying Requirement 001, ensures that Sold-to-party and Sales area must be same in both the souce & target document.

Here, your requirement is to create Sales order for Customer C2, refering the Quotation which has been created for Customer C1.

To achievethis , *you need to change the "Copying Requirement" from "001" to "002" at the Header level of the Copy control table

.*"Copying requirement 002" allows different header customer.

System can not find out the different header Customer automatically, you have to specify it.

In the "Create Sales order : Initial screen", if you will click on the "Create with reference" button and process then system will copy the Customer C1 from the Quotation to the Sales order.

So, first go to the "Create Sales order : Overview" screen with out refering the Quotation.

In the "Overview" screen, specify the Sold-to-party C2, PO number, PO date.

Donot specify, Material, quantity etc.

Then from MenuBar click on Sales order > Create with reference. Specify the Quotation number and copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradyumna,

Great. It solved my purpose. I tried the same routine. But tried to create order by giving reference in the initial screen. So it copies the customer from the preceding doc. Many thanks.

Regards

Sankar

Answers (0)