Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile generator upgrade, step 2C.

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We're currently in process of upgrading our system to EEC 6.0 and I need to perform the profile generator upgrade (SU25 ) in our DEV system.

Steps 2A and 2B were performed successfully but when I try to execute step 2C I get a shortdump, stating that maximum runtime (10min) was exceeded. Our system has ~3200 roles, 2/3 of them SAP-delivered.

I've already searched for SAPnotes, but couldn't find any pertaining to our release (701). I could ask for the maximum runtime to be increased temporarily or I could go ever all the roles that need their profiles regenerated manually.

Are there any other options or tricks I could try?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are only using fraction of them you could consider deleting the rest?

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since this should be a one-time step I'd go for the extra time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are only using fraction of them you could consider deleting the rest?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Is it OK to delete SAP_* roles?

0 Kudos

> Is it OK to delete SAP_* roles?

If they're not in use there's no problem. PFCG will complain (it should) if you try to delete roles which are linked to users.

You can always download them first and store the download file in a safe place. But since your timing issue only occurs in dev, you can leave them present in your other systems for future reference.

0 Kudos

It is also not uncommon to delete them in PROD as well, to clean-up the F4 search help and improve performance of some reports which select all roles and only later realize (or leave it up to you to do it) that 2/3 of them are not needed.

If you search SAP Notes, there is a report attached to one of them which you can use as a basis for doing a selective mass delete.

Cheers,

Julius

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers, both of you!

I've requested that the maximum runtime be temporarily extended. Whether that works or not, I will be deleting SAP_* roles either way - no point in them polluting the system.