cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management - ESS/R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We need to implement Travel Management for one of our clients.

I checked in R/3 its integrated with FI/AC....

I wanted to know whether travel management can be implemented in R/3.i.e without ESS...

What are its advantages/disadvantages?

Regards,

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Travel Mgmt is a seperate component and do not have any dependencies with ESS/MSS. You can implement it without ESS/MSS and EP.

If your client is on ECC 6.0, EHP 2 and above, it is possible to use web applications (WebDynpro ABAP) for the below scenarios.

- Employees can raise travel request, submit expense report to their reporting mgr. These requests can go thru the approval process. In this case, it is required that employees should have login credentials. License required.

- Travel administrators can raise request and expense report on behalf of employees using Web Applications.

- It is possible to access these web applications using URL on Browser. Or by using NetWeaver Business Client (NWBC).

- In later stage, when the client goes for ESS/MSS, its very easy to integrate with it and there is no further impl. cost for travel during that time.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Travel managment with integration of Pay roll we need to insert the Sub Schema CRNI in main Schema if it is directly with the FICO than the explanation given by shilpa is quite good

Yes we can implement but the records must be maintained by the the Pay roll adminstrtor in the follwoing respective infotypes

for more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can Configure Travel Management either with Integration with FI or with Payroll.It it is integrated with FI all employees should be created as vendors for the purpose of travel expense settlement. If it is integrated with Payroll Travel Expense settlement will be done in Employees salary.

If you Implement Travel With out ESS then Travel Request, Approval, Expense approval should be done in R/3 so every employee should have an R/3 log in. Better go with ESS.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpashree.M.R