cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompting for user id and password for backend system (sso probelm)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While accessing some links in portal system (ECP),user is getting a popup for entering user id and password for backend system (ECD). Which shoud not happen as SSO is already in place and it was perfectly working fine. Since last few days user has reported this kind of issue.

What could be the various reasons behind this????

1) Backend user could be locked.

2) SSO certificate has expired.

3) RFC of portal and backend system is not working.

Apart from above three reasons ,is there any other thing which we can include in our troubleshooting??????

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other reason could be that in the back end system user password might have got expired. Please check that.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I will check the backend system user as well,apart from this is there anything else which can be checked??

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from this, other reason could be problem with SSO certificates and also check the paramters login/accept_sso2_ticket and login/create_sso2_ticket

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

I have the user id in backend system , it is not locked nor expired.

When I checked the certificate through STRUSTSSO2 validity is showing till 2027.

How I can make sure that there is not an issie with certificates???

Do we need to check something at protal side also?

What all are the steps required for the checking the certificates at backend & portal side.

There is no RFC defined from backend system to portal system in SM59 , I suppose we are using Bapi's for the same.

Do we need to perform some check in Visual Admin also like checking the JCO connections???

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please perform the following step check.

Please run SSO2 transaction and then dont give any RFC.

Please check that In the System landscape is correctly configured and do the connection check in the portal side.Please used the user id which has access in both portal and backend system.Thsi connection test is to be done in portal side.

Please check that you have correctlyconfigured the JCO connection in Web dynpro and not in visual admin.

Please check that the SSO parameters are set in the BAckend System.

login/accept_sso2_ticket=1

login/create_sso2_ticket=1

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Please Check the following links which gives info about troubleshooting the SSO configuration.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/0077873d-0b01-0010-1abb-cfbf21d1aa43&overrid...

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/SSO+Troubleshooting

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue has been resolved ....password for User at the backend system in the UME was expired.

Regards,

Prashant