cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HowTo find item usage in existing reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to cleanup an existing and grown universe. I went to hiding the fields/Items I'm planning to remove.

Furthermore I would like to check, whether these "deprecated" fields/items are still being used in any report, before removing them from the universe. Thus, avoiding broken reports.

Is there any way to check reports for the usage of a certain universe field/item. I mean another way than to open each report and check the universe query.

Thanks for your help

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janke,

there are a couple of ways to go about finding out about objects. One way would be through the SDK, however, a certain level of expertise in writing VBA code is required (you can read more on this from the following link: http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2/en/devsuite.htm).

Another way to find out about objects is possilbe through Auditor. If you have Auditor installed and have turned on certain auditing events on your services then using the data accumulated in Auditor may also be another avenue for finding out about stuff.

Thanks,

John

Answers (0)