cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding How to Register a service in Service Registry ....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

i have a doubt , hope i may get some answers form the Expert...!

1) Is there any diffrence between registering a Service in SR and Publishing a Service in SR (SAP PI 7.1)?

2) If yes, then can some one pls provide with some more info or links where i can search ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Aziz khan...!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

ServiceRegistry: The Services Registry is a registry for Web services. Located centrally within an SOA landscape, it contains entries for all services and service definitions in that landscape,with references to the servicesu2019 relevant WSDL metadata and to the locations of the callable service endpoints.

Publishing: By entering the endpoint WSDL of a service definition that provides a valid URL you can publish service definitions to the Services Registry.

From the above definitins i dont think there is any difference between Registering and Publishing.Because Registering in UDDI (service registry ) means giving Acess points to a particular service developed and this process of giving acess to webservices in UDDI is nothing but Publishing.who want to consume then they have to acess those endpoints(action points) through webservices URL

FYI i have not worked on services on PI7.1 but trying to answer your qurey with little conceptual knolwdge on Webservices in PI7.1.As far as registering the services are concerned please refer the following link and let me see wether its useful in any way ....navigate .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/b4ca147d2952f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Serviceregistry----> Tasks---->with references to the servicesu2019 relevant WSDL metadata and to the locations of the callable service endpoints

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram , for ur valuable info on the above Topic....i went through the link which you provided to me...i came to know regarding the Configuration registry ...! My have one more question which i was not able to get from that link .....

1) How can we register a service in SR from SAP & Non Sap system ..?

I would really appreciate if i get some info or links to find a answer for the above questions .....

Regards,

Aziz khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check the below link.This may help you.

http://graversen.org/2008/02/27/publishing-services-in-pi-71/

Regards,

Sudha S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz,

Let me recommend you these links:

- [Enterprise eSOA Development Handbook |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40db4735-02f9-2a10-b198-a888a056bb67&overridelayout=true](totally theory and definitios)

- [Heterogeneous SOA Landscape |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20ca27e7-58c8-2b10-bba1-de0d6f14e57f&overridelayout=true](setup guide)

I don't remember the link that explains step by step how to publish a caf service in CE 7.1, but the steps are something like:

In NWDS

1.- Create your caf service

2.- Expose the operations of the caf service as a web service

3.- Configure the NWDS to connect to the Services Registry

4.- Fill the publish information of your newly created web service

In NWA

5.- Create a Publication Restriction

6.- Wait 5 minutes

7.- Enjoy (the web service is published in SR)

Hope this help

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Alll

your view on the above topic helped a lot in solveing the problem .....!

keep posting ........................!

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is difference between registering and publishing.

We use to cal as publishing to service registry.

Service Registry is like an yellow page where you can search for webservices and you can use those services in your applications.

Regards,

Sudha S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

any input on the above Topics which i am looking for .....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all once again

Regards,

Aziz khan