Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

i have created SF with 2 tables, i checked and activated the form. The 2 tables are in window main.

when i try to test the FM i have 2 problems:

1. in the import parameters of the FM i dont see the structure of the tables, so i will be able to load them with data.

2. when i run the FM with the data, i get an exception

table does not fit into window, evendough the table width is 70 CH and the main width is 80 CH?

REGARDS

YIFAT

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You should execute the SMART Form in the SMART Forms transaction, which will through you into SE37 transaction with a function name. Use that to get the pattern in the ABAP Editor.

2. The problem here is, the line type that you have in the TABLE is wider than the MAIN window itself. So, decreas the each column width and see that the LINE type does not cross the width of the MAIN WINDOW.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your table loop, you must have filled in the line type giving the length of each column right?

Reduce the width of the columns, it is this which is exceeding the size of the window.

Thanks,

Susmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

i have table with line type width 70 CH while the main window is 80 CH.

When i created the table i created header and the main area is texts elements under table without loop.

is it right? and why cant i see the table in the FM when testing it?

regards

yifat

0 Kudos

Hi,

The TABLE itself acts as a LOOP.

You should be able to see the interface tables, in the interface variables at the TOP of the SMART FORM.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

i declered the tables and the work area in the global definitions like wa_study type ZSF_STUDY (database structure) and zstudy type table of ZSF_STUDY checked the form and didnt got any problems, then i activated it and tested it trhough the smartform transaction, and still i cant see the table definitions in the FM.

THANKS

YIFAT

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you placed a parameter under the TABLES tab strip then you will see the TABLES parameter for the SMART Form generated function.

If you have used the IMPORT tab, to point to a TABLE type it will be under the IMPORT section of the function.

Which one you have done?

Can you send a screen shot to my mail address (Business card)?

regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

hi,

did u write the driver program for the smartform?

thanks,

priya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

RAVI thank you very much, i found out that i didnt declare the tables in the SF intf under the table tab,

so now i can see the tables in the FM, but i stiil get the exceptin that the table is to big for the window?

do yiu have any clue?

regards

yifat

0 Kudos

Hi,

For this error you will need to change the design of the table in the main window. Decrease the column sizes.

Thanks,

Rashmi.

0 Kudos

hi

just do a local check for table to verify whether it fits to ur window else alter the width of your table.

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Ideally if your table is bigger than the MAIN window, you would not have been able to activate the SMART Form.

Probably your header / footer might be doing this.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers