cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of Charasteristics & Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have created Characteristics usting TCode CT04 & Class using TCode AL05.(Navigation path is , SAP menu-Logistics-Central Functions -Document Management System -Classification -Master Data)

But I am not able to transport to the same.Can you let me know How Can I transport these details?

Regards

Damodar Pai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I want to understand your problem ....

You have created Characteristics & classes using Document Menu Path, now do you want to assign these class to document type ...?

rgds

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Yes. I have assigned this to the Document type in DC10. But I am not sure about the transport of values of assigned class.

Regards

Damodar Pai

Edited by: damspai on Aug 14, 2009 8:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you must have assign class in SPRO setting of DMS.

1) now when u create DIR using tcode CV01n uhder document type DC10 system will insist you to assign values to characteristics defined under class.

2) another manner to assign document object to class is using direct tcodes

navigate as follows

CV00>environment>classification>classification>select desired tcode

Hope this will assist you

rgds

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

To move characteristics and classes between different clients, you need to use ALE. This must be configured for the objects you wish to move.

When you copy these between clients, you need to remember to move the characteristics before the classes or the classes won't migrate correctly because they characteristics used in them don't exist yet.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

class and charateristics are master data's...........which u create and use this in ur customisation in DC10.

so everyytime u have to create them in development, qulaity and production servers. no other option.

REGARDS

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Athol is correct when he said you can use ALE to distribute the classification data. We have done this often to distribute the classes and characteristics.

You need to set up a distribution model, e.g. from which system to which system you want to ALE and then also the objects.

This will give you more information:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/24/903b39878f4205e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Freddie Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

You may also create an LSMW for Class and CHAR..

First you have to upload all CHARS and then upload all CLASSES

Your Data migration team or an ABAPer can help you in creating an LSMW for CHAR and CLASS

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Class & characteristics has to be created in all servers, they are not transported. Only SPRO customizations are transported..

hope this is useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

CL24--for Characterisit

CL02-CLass right.

i think u assigned Characteristics to CLASS.

now u need to Assign CLASS to Documnet type.

SPRO, Define document type, u will find CLASS and CLASS type, u need entre what u created.

So now the respective Document triggers, Class and Characteristics what u Assigned.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used Tcode CT04 for Characteristics & CL02 for Classes. After that I have already assigned the classs for respective document types using Tcode DC10.

Now I need to know How Can I transport the master data of Characteristics & Class.

Regards

Damodar Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar,

characteristics and classes use internal keys which are valid only in the system and client where they were created. So transporting characteristics and classes may create conflicts with these internal keys in the target, as the same internal key may already have been used there for a different characteristic or class. So I generally would not recommend to use transports here.

The intended way is to use distribution via ALE. The relevant message types are CHRMAS (characteristics), CLSMAS (classes) and CLFMAS (if you want to distribute classifications too). You may need to distribute additional objects like change numbers, if they are used. Distributions can be started manually with transaction BD91, BD92 and BD93 or automatically triggered by change pointers created during update processing of characteristics, classes (and classifications). Take care to distribute in sequence CHRMAS, CLSMAS (and CLSMAS). Don't forget to distribut additional objects if necessary.

Regards,

Rolf