cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "New User" button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using DOE 7.1 SP7. We have created a JSP application.

Our client wants New User functionality to be disabled for end users.

Is there a possibility of disabling "New User" button through Device Management?

The concept is a Super-User will be creating all the required users initially in the real device. Then this user can configure something in device management to disable the "New User" button on next sync.

Is it possible?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

It is not possible to disable the "new User" button by Device Management(DOE).

But it is certainly possible to disable this button using the configuration on the mobile client itself by setting the property appropriately.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Ok. So some configuration property has to be set. How to do that?

Will client tomcat server restart will also be needed after changing the property?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

former_member53099
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal

the configuration property that can disable the new user button on the client is

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.LoginPage.DisplayNewUserButton

Yes, this will require a restart of the client. You can place this property inside either of the below given files

default.properties (in case of laptop)

configuration.properties (in case of PDA)

And then restart the client.

There are many such configurations which can enable or disable buttons on client UI. Here is a link for the same

<http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/EN/88/9ee4cab32f45cdb57f5c1446a4ca40/frameset.htm>

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Vaidehi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaidehi/Ramanath,

Thanks. That worked. But is there no other simple way to do that. Means it will be really irritating for a functional guy(super-user) to do that. Means changing the property and then restarting the client and all. Restarting the client itself takes a hell a lot of time in client device. Thats why I was looking for options in device admin.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I understand that it is a bit tedious process. but it has to be done only once in while per device. So it should not be that much of a pain.

One another idea just came to my mind. May be you can try out this option.

The property which Vaidehi has mentioned in the above reply, can be set using the "Agent" on the DOE.

So whener the device gets registered, you can assign this agent to the device. Whenever this agent is consumed by the mobile client, it will over-write the value of this property to the specified value in the agent. And the required behavior can be achieved.

Here the admin job is saved a lot.

(But you might still need to restart the client).

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Thanks for that. I will look into the agent prospects now.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Answers (0)