Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM EXPLOSION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to implement PS for R&D.

I have configured the s/s and strature is creating.

I have created the WBS BOM by copying from material BOM.

I have created the reference points and assign it to the activities.

Now how this bom will explode and how it work?

Regards.

Sukhveer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you want to transfer the components of the WBS BOM to the network then you can use transaction CN33. Only the CN33, but not BOM explosion inside e. g. CJ20N, uses the reference points maintained in BOM position and activity.

The CN33 will use the header material of the BOM to explode the structure. With the selection parameters (Shift+F5)

on the entry screen of CN33 one can select WBS BOM to get required fields on the frontend (i. e. BOM number, WBS element, plant, ...).

The CN33 can be used to transfer changes of the BOM i. e. one has transferred the WBS BOM in the past and changed the WBS BOM thereafter. When the CN33 is executed again then only the changes are transferred (please be aware that one has use everytime the same header material of the BOM for transfer. Changes in subassemblies are recognized and will be transferred).

The CN33 works different than the 'simple' BOM explosion in e. g. inside CJ20N. The BOM explosion in CJ20N does not consider reference points and does not consider changes of the BOM i. e. it insert everytime all components of the BOM.

Kind regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for your reply.

I have transfered my bom by cn33,with the reference points material is now assigned to activities.

But PR is not generating even material is not in stock.

I have assigned ,material in cs71 with item category L,N.

Should PR not created as the result of MRP run?

If i m doing some worng steps.

Regards.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IF your materail master Procurment type is F and othere paramter like as procuerment idicatory is correct PR should get generated. Just chekc in activity for action Pr action : it should be immediately & your activity is REL status.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Procurement type is blank (no procurement) is set.

If item category N (not stock) is selected for no procurement?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when a component is created in a network activity the system checks material master (MRP views - MRP 2 for procurement type) and item category of the BOM position and get a set of component procurement types that are possible for the component.

Using the procurement indicator one of these possible procurement types of the set is selected to create the component.

There are 14 different procurement types possible in a network. To get a purchase requisition (PREQ) one can use a purchase requsitiion to networks (direct procurement without stock). To have this:

- the material master has to allow external procurement (i. e. procurement type on MRP 2 is F or X; of course one requires that purchasing data are maintained in material master)

- and the position of the BOM has to have item category N

To check whether the material is suitable for PREQ to network one can add manually the material to an activity with item category N using transaction CN22. After an Enter there might be a pop-up that provides PREQ to network as a choice or PREQ to network is created directly. If you get a pop-up lisitng several procurement types then one requires a procurement indicator to get PREQ automatically selected.

Best regards

Peter

PS: The material master has to have 'F' or 'X' on MRP2 for PREQ to network

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer below link. It will give you all the details realted to BOM & it's explode

With Regards

Nitin P.