cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need your expert inputs regarding authorization for documents based on classification.

For example:- There are 3 departments namely Design, Sales and Marketing all of them using the same document type. I would like to have an authorization such that the Sales department will not be able to access documents created by Design department.

Kindly let me know if it is possible to control access by using classification.

Regards,

Shynu John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the authorization Object C_DRAW_BGR (Authorization Group) . This authorization object allows you to limit access to individual documents.

You can use the field named "Authorization Group" in DIR, which can be a 4 digit alpha numeric characters. You assign different characters for Different depts like sales SALS, etc & give access to the autho. group using the mentioned autho. object.

By using different authorization groups yo can achieve your object with same doc. type...

Hope this is useful

Regards

Aatish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is always role based. i think u need not gve DMS roles to SD user. and visa-versa fro designe department.

Contact BAsis forther.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is always role based. i think u need not gve DMS roles to SD user. and visa-versa fro designe department.

Contact BAsis forther.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this can be done in DMS using following fields in DMS

1) Authorization group

2) Classification

3) Access control Tab

As per your requirement, the safest manner would be by using option 1, where-in you can configure system with various group and restrict sales, design and other departmental users with their respective group only

You have to check whether authorization matrix of DMS support Class name, Characteristics or characteristics value

If system support characteritcs value then define class, characteritcs & values nad assign authorization accordingly

Option 3, this functionality is comparetively new where-in dynamically user can define user for access control

rgds

Kamal