cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while i deploy web dynpro java application error occured.

Error

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

How can i solve it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

After giving Host and port details in the SAP J2EE Engine section.Go to Windows->show view->j2ee engine in NWDS.It will open the j2ee engine section in the lower side of NWDS tool.You can check the "Remote Engine" status.If its green then j2ee engine is working fine.If it is red then j2ee engine is not working.Similarly you can check the SDM status is showing red or green.If its showing red then right click on SDM and click Restart process.After some time refresh the j2ee engine section by click on button next to cross mark(x).Now SDM should show in green status.If still its showing the red mark contct your basis people by giving your j2ee engine Host and port details.

Thanks

Susmita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in NWDS under J2EE enginee tab, whether the SDM you have configured is running (green) or not.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you didn't configure your NWDS with correct SDM port number as pert J2EE engine properties,

go to window menu in your NWDS - > preferences - > SAP j2EE Engine - > there you need to give the port number and host name of the J2EE engine,

As part track in the CMS you need to configure the SDM propeties, check with your NWDI admin, guy,

Cheers,

Appu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check with your Administrator and enter proper values in the J2EE Engine. By default it is localhost.

Also, check that you have the password for SDM from the Administrator.

Thanks

Avik