Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Concurrent access to Documents

Hi,

I am refering to EasyDMS, but assume it will be the same from CV02N as well. How would the system behave in the following scenario.

User A and User B have write access to a DMS document. User A logs in and checks out a document from EasyDMS and starts to work offline. User B logs in (to EasyDMS) and attempts to make changes to the document. My questions are;

1. Will user B know that somebody has checked out the document? Will there be some indication to show that the doc is being changed?

2. Will user B also be allowed to check out the document and make changes?

Thanks,

Lashan

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Lashan,

when a file is checked out, it is not possilbe to check the file out for editing again. But if you don't use the "original processing status" an other user could use the function "reset check-out" (this function is available in transaction cdesk). This will close the lock and then the user can check out the file for editing.

I don't think that there is any way in any system that is able to prevent a user to check out a file, keep it on his local machine, change the file and overwrites an existing file in the document managment system.

The only way is, don't give change privileges to those users.

regards Iring

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question