THE ASSERT CONDITION WAS VIOLATED

any help ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well an Assert Violation could be anything. You would have to tell us more about where the error occured and the dump details. But before you get too deep, you should know that the BlackBerry browser isn't supported by Web Dynpro ABAP. There is no mobile device rendering support in Web Dynpro ABAP. Very likely the assert violation was caused by the runtime not supporting the browser.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tks

so I just can do that on webdynpro java ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, the mobile device rendering framework for Web Dynpro is currently only available on Web Dynpro Java. For creating mobile pages in the ABAP stack we would recommend SAPConsole (for text/telnet based devices), MobileITS, or BSP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which these technologies ( MobileITS or BSP ) is more easier and fast to learn and work ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is pretty difficult to say without knowing your skill set and business requirements. Personally I lean toward BSP, but that's because I have a long history with BSP and plenty of experience. With BSP you have complete control over the rendering and stateless options. Both environments are going to be pretty different than Web Dynpro and will require a bit of time to get used to.