cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem removing SAP java system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to remove a SAP java system using the uninstall program and have been encountering a problem with the following log:

WARNING 2006-05-09 17:26:24

Error 1053 (The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

) in execution of a 'StartService' function, line (273), with parameter (XServer).

WARNING 2006-05-09 17:26:56

Error 1057 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

) in execution of a 'StartService' function, line (1310), with parameter (XServer).

ERROR 2006-05-09 17:26:56

MOS-01199 Could not start the 'XServer' service on host 'Local'.

What could be the possible cause of this error?

In addition to that, I've also been trying to create a new instance but encountered these two error messages in the sdbinst.log

cannot do update check - test file "d:/sapdb/adm/db/pgm/kernel.exe" not found

installation exited abnormally at Tu, May 09, 2006 at 17:34:37

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

i have faced a similar kind of error while installing a Java system on MSSQL on Windows.

I was able resolve it by going through event viewer application logs.

I would like to know how were you able solve this.

Regards,

Pradeep

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

this usually appears in case you stop deinstallation somewhere in the middle. XServer is a service of MaxDB, the DB delivered from SAP.

You could try the program sapstartsrv, which gives you the option to deinstall some services. For this you have to know the SID you gave to the system (also a directory name in the usr/sap/ path with three letters). For XServer please refer to the databases manual.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Thanks for replying, I tried using the sapstartsrv program unfortunately it didn't work. I still can't continue with the deinstallation process.