cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW 640-----SAINT HANGS AFTER CLICKING START

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We are on stack 9 on the source BW 640. I am trying to take the stack to 22 as a prerequirement for unicode conversion, and the upgrade to BI 7.0.

In this regard there is a dependency on PI_BASIS to be on 2005, and BI_CONT to be on 353. Currently we are on PI_BASIS 2004, and BI_CONT 352 on the source.

We have extracted the appropriate installation packages for the above components. When we run SAINT to install these components, and click START it just hangs. It does not take me to the next window.

At least SAINT used to take me to the next window after clicking start, but one change I did was to update the kernel to 221, saint was still hanging after clicking start, again updated the kernel to 274 which is the latest release for NW 2004. I also have the latest version of R3Trans, and tp. SAINT still hangs after clicking start button. No logs are getting generated in \usr\sap\trans\log. No files are getting generated in \usr\sap\trans\tmp.

I restored the database to what it was before we initiated the SAINT process. Still SAINT hangs after clicking start button.

In STMS-overviewu2014system-sap system-all the checks work fine(connection, transport directory, transport tool). Likewise in SAINT-utilities-check-transport tool----every thing looks good.

Why is SAINT hanging after clicking start button, can we downgrade the kernel to what it was before (level 155).

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ramesh Srinivasan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so very,very much. We are currently using a 640 gui. We tested with 710 gui and saint after clicking start does not hang.

So we are assuming that 710 gui will solve the problem.

Thanks once again. A very timely help. You bet I'll touch base with you if I run into issues.

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for the quick response. Yes we do have SPAM/SAINT version on level 35.

Thank you.

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the GUI version and patch level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you update your SAINT version to latest patch level.

Regards

KVR