cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not proceeding after "WAIT" step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

In my prevoius posts I had described the problem for <b>'WAIT'</b> step .That time the event wasnt getting triggered properly . But now event is getting triggered properly but still the workflow doesnt proceed .

When I'm executing worklfow thru <b>SWUS</b> , it is working fine . But when I'm executing it through Portal (Create a travel request which will trigger the workflow ) , it stops to the 'WAIT' state .

I have seen in other workflow . They have used a Fork . In my case <b>I'm not using any Fork</b> . Is it the reason that my workflow is not proceeding ???

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. What was the solution?

KR - Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonu, Anna,

Did any of the above answers provided above helped you in resolving your issue? This thread is pretty old and people have faced similar problems. If the problem has been resolved please close the thread.

Let us know if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonu:

I'm encountering similiar situation like you. The wait step triggered another workflow, but did not proced in the current workflow. How did you resolve your problem?

Thanks,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that the Linkage is not properly activated. Please check the triggering event in PFTC Tcode of the Wflow TEmplate is activated. Also check the entries in SWE2 Tcode.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check that job SWWCOND is running. This may be set up in SWU3. I think it is "Schedule background job for Condition Evaluation". Even when the condition under your wait is met, the workflow will still wait for this job to start again. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After triggering the workflow from portal, have you checked in the event trace for your event ?

If event is not present in trace, then it is the problem that event itself is not trigered and hence your wait step will not proceed.

Hope it helps.

Regadrs,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay ,

Yes , I did check with transaction SWEL . The event got triggered but the workflow didnt proceed .

But when I'm executing the workflow thru SWUS , it is working fine .

The only difference that I could find was , when I execute from SWUS , there is Reciever's entry as EVENTITEM . But when I'm executing it through Portal or (Or by creating Travel request ) it comes as <b>"No Reciever found "</b> .

Any inputs ??

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refresh the buffer by executing Tcode SWU_OBUF and then try again.

Message was edited by: Amandeep Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

As you say >>when I'm executing it through Portal or (Or by creating Travel request ) it comes as "No Reciever found " >>

This is mainly due to missing Event Linkage. Please check your SWETYPV entries for your BO and Event. SWETYPV should have a active linkage between <BO>.<EVENT> with your Workflow Number. Check this !!

Regards

Krishna Mohan