cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM - difference in Buy side and Sell side deployment

0 Kudos

Hi experts

has anyone tried hands on Sell side deployment of ESo/CLM?

can someone pl. highlight the changes in regular configurations/cusotmizations if CLm is to be used for Sell side.

for ex a Company selling technology and wants to create Contracts/agreements for royalty with its clients.

Thanks&regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Unfortunately CLM or Contract in E-Sourcing is only limited to Purchase Contracts or Legal Contracts.

Incase you are looking for the Sell side contract management, a lot needs to be done on the code base for Customer Master and related fields, as a Sales order would be an input criteria.

you might want to check with SAP if Aetna has used this in their Enterprise Wide Contract management.

You can contact Emily Rakowsky from SAP CLM Solution management for this.

I also heard that Vistex can fill this gap, however only SAP can confirm this

Please update the thread after you've contacted SAP, as this is a very big traction area for clients

Regards

Tridip

0 Kudos

Thanks Tridip

Imagine its standalone..

My question is - usually the CLM deploying company is Buy side and it issues contracts to its suppliers(sell side).

Now going reverse , the company deploying CLM is Sell side and instead of suppliers it has customers(buy side).

For this kind of scenario are there any changes in cutomizations/configs/master data ..anything?

i understand and know what you mean and about Vistex.

i'll contact the persons and update here..

Thanks

Vivek

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

This is highly co-incidental, I had written a mail to SAP and they had replied with a lot of great detail

hope this will help you for follow-on discussions with SAP.

Let me know if you derived more from SAP regarding the issue based on the mail below

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Tridip,

While CLM is originally designed to manage procurement contracts, its generic contract authoring, repository and compliance capability can be used to manage any types of contracts. In fact, there are several customers currently implementing CLM solution to manage their sales contracts.

Please find my answers below.

Questions

1) Is there any offering / plan in the roadmap for CLM 3.0 on addressing this and when is it getting GA ?

[SK] The generic capability is applicable to procurement, legal, or sales organization. The current CLM solution (CLM 2.0) is shipped with terminology that is applicable to a procurement organization. If customers would like to configure it to make it more applicable to legal or sales organization users, the system can be configured that way during the implementation.

2) Is Vistex acquisition also a part of the CLM suite to address Sell Side Contract Management?

[SK] No. CLM and Vistex is currently not integrated.

3) Is there some client who has built a wrapper around CLM for customer master, sales org data to manage both Buy and sell side contracts with major developments ?

[SK] There are several customers who are currently implementing CLM solution to manage corporate wide contracts, including both buy side and sell side contracts.

Thanks,

Steven

Regards

Tridip

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

We finally got to work on this, please read this blog and we can collaborate over that to get the bigger picture.

/people/tridip.chakraborthy/blog/2010/01/11/sap-clm-the-answer-to-an-enterprise-wide-contracts-solution

Regards

Tridip