cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a ALV in the interactive form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is, When I enter a purchase order number and press submit in my interactive form, The contract details should be displayed in the ALV in my interactive form..

Can anyone help on how to do this..?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

For me this should be done only using adobe interactive forms. I have posted my requirement in the interactive forms forum.

Do you have any idea on how to do this..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My actual scenario is, I have to fetch contract details from EKPO table when I enter the Purchase Document Number and press SUBMIT button on my interactive form. The details will be displayed in a table.

This part is working fine.

Then, out of the displayed rows in that table, I have to click one of the rows. This particular row should appear as a separate row below the existing table. Here I will edit certain fields and update the database.

My question is, How to display that particular row below the existing table which I select. The table will dynamically increase the row size depending on the records

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The table is part of the interactive form? If so then you will need some scripting inside your form to process the selection. In which case, your question is better suited in the Interactive Form Forum. However you should consider if an Interactive Form is really the right design for such an approach. If this table were in Web Dynpro instead of the form, such a thing would be very easy to acomplish. You would simply bind the detail view UI elments to the same context as the table. When the leadSelection on the table changed, so would the data in the detail UI elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick reply.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What you described shoulds like a very basic piece of functionality to create in Web Dynpro. Where exactly are you have problems. The submit button will trigger a web dynpro action/event handler. From there you will have access to any data in the form that is bound back to yoru context. You can read the context and get the PO number. Use that number to call a service and lookup the contract details into an internal table. Bind that internal table back into the context and use that part of the context as the source of your ALV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So far I came across displaying the data in a table which we can design in the Adobe Form (template source). So I know how to bind the internal table to a context node of cardinality o:n.

Now my requirement is to display that data in a ALV in the interactive form. What are the steps create a ALV in the interactive form instead of the normal table.?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Now my requirement is to display that data in a ALV in the interactive form. What are the steps create a ALV in the interactive form instead of the normal table.?

You can't. The ALV isn't a UI element supported in the Interactive Form. The Interactive Form has a very small set of UI elements compaired to the overall set available in Web Dynpro. If you want you can have the interactive form on the screen and have a Web Dynpro ALV sitting with it. You just have the interface form only take up part of the screen in the Web dynpro layout. You can put any standard Web Dynpro UI elements you want around the Interactive Form.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALV is SAP List Viewer, In Web Dynpro ABAP SAP provided a standard component which displays data in a table with some inbuilt functionality.

Where as Interactive Forms are havings its own UI, I don't see any standard ALV kind of control in Interactive Forms, you have to make use of the Table UI of Adobe Live Cycle Designer.

Abhi