Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation for credit memo request causes message V1498

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to create a credit memo with reference to an invoice.

I have the following item category settings:

G2N - flag schedule lines not set

ZG2K - flag schedule lines not set

ZG2N - flag schedule lines set

For Z2GN the schedule line flag needs to be set for another reason but this causes the message "Credit memo request already exists for item" to pop up. But there's not previous credit memo request for that invoice!

I hope anyone can help.

Best Regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor

Hi Florian,

Why you need schedule lines for a credit memo request? Items that are relevant for delivery, such as sales order items, can always have schedule lines. On the other hand, items that are not relevant for delivery, such as items in contracts and credit memo requests, do not have schedule lines. If you really want to generate a creit memo with schedule lines ,go for returns processing in which you will be having a schedule line. then you can create a return delivery and a credit memo for returns. If you want you can copy item category "REN" and rename it. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

thank you for your reply. The schedule line is needed for some special FI in this case and therefore I need the schedule line to be set.

Thank you.

Florian

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I am not sure that this is supported by standard. Any way have maintained the schedule line category assignments? Have you made the copy control settings from sales doc to delivery and delivery to billing? Have you maintained delivery related billing in sales document type definition? Have you maintained the item relevant for delivery indicator in schedule line category definition in VOV6? If you have maintained all these , you can try If this works out or not. I am not sure why you want a schedule line for a credit memo.But I think there should be a credit memo request exists for this already. Kindly check the document flow of the Invoice.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I happen to go through your post in sdn regarding "Credit Memo Request already exists for item" . I am facing the similar issue.

I am trying to create a credit memo request in reference to my sales order invoice and I am getiing this warning message "Credit Memo Request already exists for item ".

my customization settings are

item category: ZG2N

Schedule line allowed check box on item category: Yes

Schedule line Category: CD

Item relevant for delivery check box on schedule line : yes

I am looking for your help.

With warm regards,

Suman Jha

Chicago

+1-7734101445 (M)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am syed parvez answering from one of my friend user ID.

I have done the below settings in Item catagory is and my proble got solved.

Business item Check

Shedule line allowed Uncheck

Item Relevent for delivery Uncheck

Returns Check

Weight Vol Check

Credit active Uncheck

Determine cost Check

I actually dont remember as it is long time and I still think it could be because of shedule line alllowed or returns settings.

Please try it hope your problem would be solved

Thanks

Syed parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am receiving a message at the time of creating the credit note with ref to invoice when i uncheck the shedule line not allowed in item catagory, i got a new issue system is copying the quantity to target quantity instead of order quantity.

we use order quantity so i want quantity should get copied to order quantity instead of target quantity.

Thanks

Syed

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

The order and target qty are steered by the schedule lines. So if no schedule lines are activated, target qty is used. If activated, order qty is used. In SAP standard, you're not able to use order qty without schedule lines.

Cheers,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actual senario is we have billing plans in contracts, once we raise the invoice then when i try to raise the credit note with reference to invoice, message pops up with credit note request is already exits for line item 10, i have now unchecked the shedule lines in the item catgory, now after that when i create credit note with ref to invoice the quantity is now getting copied in to target quantity instead of order quantity.

Please help

Thanks

syed

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's no way to change it. Why do you want to use the order qty?

There's no way to change it from my point of view.

Cheers,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Becuse we had incompletion check for order quantity at item level and now while copying from invioce order quantity getting grayed out and system is giving a message while saving the credit memo request.

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

So I'd suggest to change the incompletion for credit memo request to check on target qty.

Cheers,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant do that because of that so many changes that i need to do that.

Thanks

Syed

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just copying the imcompletion profile, change and assign it and there you go. From my point of view it's not that much work.

Cheers,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried assiging that but in item catagory invompletion field is grayed out and i think i need to delete that item category and create it again.