cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement from EHP3 to EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently on Enhancment Package 3 and doing full implementation of Travel Management Module with Language Support.

To maintain the translations the changes are made to SAP Standard objects like -

OTR Packages - PTRM_WEB_UI , PTRM_WEB_POWL

Classes - CL_FITV_TEXT

Data Elements etc..

I want to know whether the changed translations will remain when the EHP4 will be applied.

Please provide valuable pointers.

Thanks and Regards,

Indu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enhancement packages comes as business functions and it can be activated based on our needs. In your case, you made changes to certain objects, to check whether these gets affected while applying EHP4, you need to confirm what is available in EHP4. i.e., whether any changes made by SAP to these objects which you changed. for further details check SMP/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the reply.

The point that i got from your reply is that if SAP enhances those objects for which we have done some customizations or changes then applying the package will overwrite those changes. Am i correct ?

Is there any program that we can run to avoid overwriting of objects ? I have heard about transaction spdd. Is this of any help.

I am actually more concerned about future since the system will surely be upgraded and then there will be chance to lose all the changes done for translations.

Thanks and Regards,

Indu

Answers (0)