cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FlightList-Tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some trouble with the last step in the tutorial.

After I have tested successfully the JCO connection in the last step before running the application, I get an error on runtime:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory$PhysicalBackendProviderKey.hashCode(ProviderFactory.java:131)

at java.util.HashMap.hash(HashMap.java:261)

at ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Briger,

I have a question for you since you are further with this tutorial.

I want to call the Bapi of the R/3 system to extract the data. How do I do it?

I have no idea what the Sever name is?

What the username as a log on is available?

What password to use?

In my SAP DB Management console I see a DB for SAP but is there the data for the flight tutorial included. Or do I need to install the DB from the WAS 6.4 which came with my ABAP objects book ( 2CDs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

You need to install at least an ABAP Basis System.

You could also connect to an existing R/3 system.

BR

Raphael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raphael,

So what is the SAP DB that I see in the DB Management console when I install the J2EE Web Application Server.

I don't understand then what it is used for, when i have to install another SAP DB like the Mini SAP system.

thanks for the fast reply.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

the Web Application Server 6.40 itself uses a database for storing data like configuration, UserManagementEngine data, System Landscape Directotry etc.

The flightpro Tutorial requires a SAP-ABAP-System, that stores the Demo-Data-Tables.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Achim,

thank you for the answer. So I have to install the Mini Basis system and the Web Applications Server to fulfill the tutorial for the web access for the flight tables.

I thank you for the answer and will set my system up.

Thank you

Hello Achim,

I have installed my Mini WAS provided by SAP from the last ABAP Objects book. Unfortunetly the DB version of the backend is 7.3 which doesn't work with the 6.4 Web Java installation. Is there a new version of the MiniWAS from SAP, which has DB Version 7.5. Or where can I get a backend Version 7.5?

thanks

Message was edited by: Matthias Galley