cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring SAP Web Dispatchers & SAP IPC on CCMS CEN configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking at using our Solution Manager system to centrally monitor our SAP system landscape components. ABAP, Java ,TREX system monitoring seems to be well documented. I also want to include our SAP Web Dispatcher and SAP IPC configurations within the CCMS CEN monitoring scope. I've searched SDN and the help.sap.com sites for information on how best to integrate the sapwebdisp.exe and IPC components into our Centralized CCMS CEN system but there does not seem to be much information available. Has anyone done this in the past, or know where details can be found on how best to monitor availability of SAP Web Dispatcher & IPC from a CCMS CEN system.

Regards,

Brian.

b.mcquillan@manchester.gov.uk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian ,

Rfer to notes 420213 and 502461.

Also for ipc and webdispatcher you need to install the saposcol on both servers.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chetan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

IPC and the Web Dispatchers are running on hosts where saposcol is already configured and running. I've looked at note 420213 and it does not really point me towards anything specific on the IPC monitor , and note 502461 is obsolete.

I'm unsure how best to tackle integrating the IPC/Web Dispatcher components - it's probably gong to be sapccmsr that will need to be used. Hopefully it's been done before and there is some SAP information/guidance on how best to do it for IPC & SAP Web Dispatcher.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do have the same issue.i tried as per the sapnote 502461 But i dont get any result

Can someone helpme

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted the web dispatcher monitoring question to SAP in an OSS message and was told there is no current capability to monitor the web dispatcher with Solution Manager or CCMS. They suggested using GRMG to poll the URL being provided by the web dispatcher and/or using CCMS process monitoring to ensure the web dispatcher process is still running and/or log file monitoring to watch the web dispatcher log file.

I asked if there were any plans to add this capability and they said not currently. It would be announced in SDN if it were to be added.

Thanks,

Randy