cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter error in input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In webdynpro program am having a button and a select option.

When i enter value in the select option and press GO button, my program has to fetch records into a UI table element in the same view. This is working perfectly.

But when i am leaving the select option as blank and then if i press GO button, it is throwing the following error.

Adapter error in INPUT_FIELD "INP_PONUMBER_MAP" of view "ZMRR_SCR.V_NEWBILL": Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved: Node V_NEWBILL.1.N_BILL_DETAILS does not contain any elements

Note that i ve an input field below the table in the same view, which is bound to a node of cardinality 0 to n and selection 0 to 1.

The button method is getting executed fully and after that control goes to the following line.

when others.

raise exception type Cx_Wd_Bad_Args

exporting

Parameter = `HANDLER_NAME`

Argument = Handler_Name.

Please help me. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a select option, button, table will be displayed(on button click) and a Input fieild right.

This Input field is bound to a context attribtue/noderight, then it should have some value in it. WHat is the cardinality

of this node.

This node should have 1:1 cardianlity as it a input field.

Regards,

Lekha.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>This node should have 1:1 cardianlity as it a input field.

Actually you can have a node with a cardinatliy of 0:n or 1:n - but you need to make sure that you always pouplate it with at least one element and that the leadSelection is set. I would assume from the error you are seeing that you either don't have one element in your node. You might need logic during your data retrieve that if you don't find any data, you append an initial line before binding to the context. That way you will always have at least one element. Then again you should make sure that business logic wise, this makes sense.