cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI System Refresh or System Content Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We need to create a new XI Dev box and plug it in the existing landscape. We have two options :

1. System Refresh from existing XI dev box

2. Create a fresh vanilla XI system and do the content copy from the existing XI dev box.

I am not sure about the way to go with and why. Should we go with the 1st approach or the 2nd. I heard that SAP recommends second approach but i am not sure about it. Is there any official SAP document on this? Also, is there any guide as to how to perform the system refresh / content copy given that it would have different components like ABAP and JAVA stack and SLD for every XI system.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have exported all the IR & ID content from the production system and now I have to import it in the Dev system of release track (which is seperate from the support track). Is there any prerequisite for importing the content in the new Dev system - in terms of SLD primarily. Also I am unable to understand that how the new XI system will point to the new ECC system? for example.. ECC business system will be exported from the production system and when that system would be imported in the DEV system, do we need to chagne the objects manually so that it points to the new ECC system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this system will be on different h/w it is recommneded to install fresh XI/PI, XI content copy is very simple task. 2nd approach will be fastest and frustation free.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your reply. Is there any document on how to perform system content copy for various components of XI viz ABAP, JAVA and SLD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use single SLD if required. Else there are "export/import" option in JAVA tools (Repository/Directory) and SLD for content copy.

Export from source system and import in target system, but I belive this is dev system so may not be necessary. Search SDN for Installation and Config guides for XI.

Regards,

Gourav