cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for credit/debit memo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know which BAPI I should take to post a credit or debit memo?

I searched this forum & I saw several solutions:

<b>- BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST</b>

But I'm posting my invoices via the BAPI BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST & BAPI_ACC_BILLING_POST. I use this BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST for G/L postings. Isn't there a specific credit/debit memo bapi as there is for incoming & outgoing invoices?

<b>- BAPI_CRED_MEMO_CREATEFROMDAT2</b>

This one I did not encounter in my BAPI list, so I don't ...trust this one

<b>- BAPI_INCOMING_INVOICE_CREATE with DOC_TYPE (CREDIT MEMO) field in BAPI_INCINV_CREATE_HEADER</b>

<b>Which one of these solutions works flawless?</b>

And: Could it be as simple as using the BAPI: <i>BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST</i> & change the field OBJ_TYPE? Does SAP really looks at this field to determine which posting (invoice or credit memo) it is?

I can test a BAPI, but I cannot see the result in the BSEG table for example (since no real postings are made). I'm also not an ABAP person, I have to write the technical specification for the ABAP persons. Want to make sure I give them the correct information...

Tanks in advance,

kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to use the BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST with the document type for a credit memo. I hope that you want to post this data to FI directly and not via the SD Credit memo, its billing and subsequently Financial document for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for the reply.

Should I then use also for incoming & outgoing invoices the BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST? Or only for debit/credit invoices?

Yes, it's without PO, only FI posting.

Would you happen to know for OBJ_TYPE for incoming invoice (BAPI_ACC_INVOICE_RECEIPT_POST), which OBJ_TYPE to enter? I check the TTYP table, for invoice receipt, the OBJ_TYPE=RMRP, but on that, I get an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bapi checks for this object types:

BEBD

BERD

BERE

ENTD

REACI