cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other ways to maintain conditions in the receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

are there other ways to maintain condition in the receiver determination? i'm filtering idocs coming-in from a certain business system going out to a particular receiver system using XPATH (RCVPRN in the IDOC) from the receiver determination..... however, this is well easy to maintain if there are only 5 values to filter, but now i'm already maintaining 100+ values in the condition which made me think not its not already a good solution.

i've already thought of using ERD's as another approach, but this Receiver determination object is being used also by other SCV's and scenarios as well which i think will make confusion to other solution owners as they will not have visibility in my SCV.

Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendation/comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allerin,

Is there is a way to combine the xpaths so that the receiver conditions can be reduced?

e.g

/ZWMMBID1/IDOC/E1MBXYH/E1MBXY/LIFNR = ABCD then route to SAP001

/ZWMMBID1/IDOC/E1MBXYH/E1MBXY/LIFNR = EFGH then route to SAP001

you can combine it to

/ZWMMBID1/IDOC/E1MBXYH/E1MBXYI[(LIFNR = "ABCD") or (LIFNR = "EFGH")]

otherwise, you would have to consult all those solution owners for the use of ERD.

hope this helps,

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Guru's,

>

> are there other ways to maintain condition in the receiver determination? i'm filtering idocs coming-in from a certain business system going out to a particular receiver system using XPATH (RCVPRN in the IDOC) from the receiver determination..... however, this is well easy to maintain if there are only 5 values to filter, but now i'm already maintaining 100+ values in the condition which made me think not its not already a good solution.

>

> i've already thought of using ERD's as another approach, but this Receiver determination object is being used also by other SCV's and scenarios as well which i think will make confusion to other solution owners as they will not have visibility in my SCV.

>

> Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendation/comments will be highly appreciated.

>

> Thanks so much!

guess you already have tried the only two solutions

1. xpath evaluation

2. Enhanced RD

On a maintenance front xpath eval vs ERD, is a tough call to take unless that your routing logic is complex in which case ERD would be a better option.

I guess it would be a call for you to take and figure which is much simpler and easy to maintain and most of all readable