cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GO-LIVE STOCKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

For transferring legacy Quality stocks into SAP during go-live stage, we use MB1c,563 movement followed by activating 0800 inspection type using QA08 t-code. I got inspn lot created in QA32 but was unable to do results recording. System says the material master is set up in such a way that results recording is not supported. I checked MM03 but did not find any difference (even inspn by task list is also ticked). Only direct UD is only allowed. Any possibilities to record results for quality stocks at go-live stage. Please give suggestions.

regards

Selva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal, thanks

I will just brief the steps that I have done for 0800 inspn type :

1.MM02 u2013 No inspn types are activated for the material say u2018Au2019

2.MB1C - Using movement type 563, say 100 quantities of material A is posted in quality stock. Document posted (internal numbering) after saving.

3.MMBE u2013 shows 100 no.s of material is in quality stock with batch number.

4.QA08 u2013 0800 inspn type is selcted, Assign inspn type box & activate despite inspn stock are ticked, and saved > inspn lot created. Click back arrow (<) and if we again save , variant attributes screen comes ( and I donu2019t know if this has to be used). So I come out of this transaction.

5.MM03 u2013 0800 inspn type is activated in QM, with the following boxes ticked

a.Post to inspn stock

b. Inspn with task list

c. Automatic assignment

d. Check chars

e. Skips allowed

f. Automatic UD

Q-Score from UD

Control Inspn Lot u2013 I selected here For each material document item option.

(pls tell me if I have to select here the other options like for each material, batch & storage location or other options).

Also tell me if we have to use MIGO t-code ( because inspn lot is already created by QA08)

6.QA-32 u2013 lot selection shows the corresponding inspn lot created with the status u201CREL CALC SPRQu201D

7.QE01 u2013 Results recording u2013not permitted u2013 message no- QE- 181 says * the material master is set up in such a way that results recording is not supported* ( although I ticked the Check chars box in QM)

8.But defects recording u2013QF01 & Usage Decision u2013 QA11 are allowed and material can be posted into unrestricted stock (without results recording done). MMBE shows 100 no.s in unrestricted stock.

9.QA02 u2013 shows only 2 headers --> ORIGIN & SAMPLE and Task list/ specification tab is not displayed at all for assigning inspn plan (QP01). Pls note that I created 2 inspn plans QP01 u2013 Group counters 1 & 2 with usage -5 & 3 respectively. Only thing is that I cannot assign any of this inspn plans using QA02.

Kindly guide me how results recording can be done for this 0800 inspn type. As I mentioned above, shall I have to select for each material, batch & storage location instead of For each material document item in QM view of MM02. or in any other places where I went wrong.

Regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Just let me know what are the Tabs available to these Corresponding inspection lot?

You better check it through QA02.

See if at the time of Inspection lot creation if the "Inspn with task list", would not have clicked then the inspection lot will surely not have the "Insp.Specification" Tab. Logically if this tab is displayed with the lot then and then the Lot is considered for RR processing else it will surely throw and error same as you are receiving.

Now if above is the case, then try to perform the test with fresh data, where all the settings must be same as you have described in your last post.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Just let me know what are the Tabs available to these Corresponding inspection lot?

You better check it through QA02.

See if at the time of Inspection lot creation if the "Inspn with task list", would not have clicked then the inspection lot will surely not have the "Insp.Specification" Tab. Logically if this tab is displayed with the lot then and then the Lot is considered for RR processing else it will surely throw and error same as you are receiving.

Now if above is the case, then try to perform the test with fresh data, where all the settings must be same as you have described in your last post.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Aug 26, 2009 12:33 PM

Sorry the answer is posted twice due to some issue with the connectivity!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit & Shyamal,

Thanks for the guidance.

Have you created a task list for this material with usage n=may be 3

Sujit, I doubt that I created Inspection Plan -QP01, only for usage = 5 (production) and not for usage=3 (as you suggested). Shall I have to create one more task list -with group counter-2 for usage =3. I shall check and come back.

I have one more clarification also. Instead of 0800 - inspn type, why dont we directly go to 01 -type inspn itself, because anyway it is similar to new goods received ,like in 01 type ( but lying in quality inspection). If we can make MIGO for these go-live stocks, directly why dont we go to 01 type inspection itself. Is it to identify at a later stage how much stocks were in quality at the time of go-live stage (using QA32 , inspn lot origin-08, display all lots with usage decision). Pls tell me if I am wrong.

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir!!!!!!!

2.check the status of lot ...is it REL - Status is REL CALC SPRQ

You wrote that, it means you have lot where the Status is released. And the question regarding the Task list and it's usage arises only if the Lot is in CRTD stage.

So what I suggest is Go and change the Settings for the inspection type in the material master, it is no matter whether it is for 01 or 08. But the settings must be as I have mentioned. Because if there will be either Task list or material specification mentioned to the inspection type then and then only the system will allow you to record result or attach the Inspection plan to the Lot. Otherwise the tab "Task List/Specification" will be not available there for the inspection lot.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I have some solutions

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

If I am not mistaking then you must be getting the "Error Message no. QE181", Correct?

If yes then straight way go to MM02>QM view>Inspection Set up>for inspection type 08 (Make sure you are checking the sata for 08 type only)-> and here the none of the check box for " Insp. with Mat. Spec." or " Insp. with Mat. task list"are ticked there, so that is the problem as Sujit is asking you to check.

Now what you will have to do is,,,,

All of first activate the " Insp. with Mat. task list" there and "Check Chars" also.

Pls check and come back if still there is some issue!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for the reply.

1. activate *check char in inspection setup - Ticked in QM view -Inspn Set up of MM01 -for 0800 inspn type.

2.check the status of lot ...is it REL - Status is REL CALC SPRQ

3.Is task list attached to the inspection lot - No this header is not coming in QA02. So unable to attach the Inspn Plan to the lot.

I dont understand where the problem is...

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you created a task list for this material with usage n=may be 3

&

It is still not clear that you have ticked on Task list tick for inspection type 0800

This must be ticked along with Check chars

Please check

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For 0800 inspection type

1. activate *check char in inspection setup.

2.check the status of lot ...is it REL

3.Is task list attached to the inspection lot.

Revert back

Regards

Sujit