cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How a Java message server is supposed to respond to an incoming request ?

0 Kudos

Hello experts

I have a question about web dispatcher/message server functionality but i don't really think it is basic, that's why i'm writing this message.

I haven't found any documentation describing the following mechanism.

We have a SAPWebdispatcher (located in DMZ) connected to the message server of ourJava instances (in datacenter) with setting ms/http_port = 8162.

I'm trying to simulate the connection with the Niping tool (from SapWebdispatcher server to Java Message server) and the behavior is different if i sent only one packet or several packets to this port.

The connection is always succesful if i sent only one packet.

I never receive all acknowledgements if i sent several packets ( for instance, if i sent 5 packets, sometimes 3 are succesful, sometimes only 2 are succesful)

I'm therefore inquiring about the way that a message server is supposed to respond to an incoming request (composed of several packets) on its port ?

Could any of you please advise ?

Thanks in advance

François

PS) I'm facing the same behavior if i send the Niping requests from a server located in datacenter as well

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Olivier

Actually we faced some problems in our network configuration because the firewall rules had been too restrictively defined. Finally we found out that some ports and IP@ missed.

In order to check if every IP@ and ports had been opened as requested, i ran a Niping command as "niping -c -O -H <IP@> -S <port number>" with

1)port number equal to the port number of our message server (8162)

2)port number equal to the port number of each AS Java (56000;56800)

It helped to isolate the missing IP@ in the firewall rules

The direct tests to the Java AS completed succesfully

I got error messages when i sent requests to the port number 8162: the main error message was WSAECONNABORTED.

I looked into niping option and i tried to decrease the number of packets (by default 10) to 1 ( -L 1)

All connection tests then completed succesfully

That's why i'm wondering if there is a misconfiguration in my message server because its behavior seems to be abnormal

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still don't uderstand. In my opinion your tests are not valid : niping is not an HTTP test tool...

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hi

I would agree that Niping is not an HTTP testing tool but it can be used to simulate a connection to different ports, can't it ?

The reason why i would belive it could be a good test is because it worked fine to test the direct connection to the ports of the Java AS. Also, it is working fine with a test including only one packet.

Moreover, i tried to run a Niping test (the same i'm doing from my SapWebdispatcher) to the message server of another server (Windows) and it always works (even if i sent 30packets)

This is the reason why i'm wondering what is happening to my Java messager server (Solaris) when there are several incoming packets to its port

Anyway, if anybody is having any suggestions on how testing the whole connection between my SapWebdispatcher and my Java AS + MS, i would be pleased to know what they are

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello

Would anybody mind testing the following command ?

Run on your Java message server (with SIDadm)

niping -s -I 0

Run on another server

niping -c -O -H <IP@ of your Java message server> -S <Port number of your Java Message Server> -V 2

Then please let me know how it works and what is your OS

Thanks a lot in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand what are you trying to do with niping.

The web dispatcher connects to the message server with http protocol.

niping uses the sapgui protocol....

Regards,

Olivier