cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Posting Date of an existing OD Cancellation Document (VL09)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have cancelled an outbound delivery (VL09) with posting date 12.08 when the original posting was on 11.07. Now, I want to post a new outbound delivery with posting date 11.07 but it is not possible due to the availability check (The quantity to be returned will be delivered on 12.08 and I want to post on 11.07).

Does anybody know how to solve the problem?

I have tried to modify or cancel de material document created when cancelling the Outbound Delivery, but the system does not allow it. The best way would be to modify the date in which the Outbound Delivery was cancelled.

I would really appreciate any help relating this issue.

Thank you very much in advanced,

Víctor Liedo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aroop,

Thank you very much for your response.

I have tried to post a new goods issue with posting date 12.08, but when trying to cancel (VL09) with posting date 11.07, the system does not allow it because the date is previous to Goods Issue date.

Any way, thank you for your help.

Regards,

Víctor Liedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not availability check that is causing the stock problem. It would occur even when available check is set to KP.

What happens is, at the time of issue (601 movement in your case), the system checks the stocks as on that date.

Because of VL09 with a posting date of 12.08, the stocks are now available as on 12.08 and not on 11.07 (which is in the past).

So I would suggest the following:

- Perform a PGI again with a posting date of 12.08

- Perform a VL09 with a posting date of 11.07.

- Perform a PGI with a posting date of 11.07

This is a cumbersome process, but unfortunately this is how it works.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Mehta,

In first place I would like to thank you for the quick response.

I have tried to modify the Posting Date by using transaction MB02 (Change Material Document) but it is not possible, as this field appears as not modifiable (even when we are in transaction to change).

Any way, thank you for your help.

Regards,

Víctor Liedo

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Victor,

I dont think you can change the date in the Reversal Delivery Document.

But I guess you can try to change the Gooms Movement Date in the Material Document that the reversal Delivery would have created.

Just try this & let us know...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta