cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principal propagation from Non SAP application to SAP-PI.

avishek_gorai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to propagate the user identity from a Non SAP application using a SOAP channel to SAP-PI, without the user ID being part of the payload.

I'm specifically interested in a non-SAML based solutions.

Regards,

Avishek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avishek,

In reponse to both your direct email and to your forum question, based on my experience:

- Logon tickets was not an option for us because the calling system was a non-SAP system and could not generate SAP Logon tickets. Therefore, it would still have to authenticate against PI then PI would issue the SAP logon ticket to authenticate to the receiver SAP system - which doesn't solve our issue.

- One option is to use x.509 certificates. This means however, that each user would need a certificate. In my case, this was not feasible because of the large number of users but if the amount of users is small, this may be an option for you.

- Another option we tried and got working was using Kerberos Authentication much like how Portal does authentication. This was done by modifying the Login Modules for the SOAP adapter service. However, we could not get it to work with Password fallback despite an ongoing message with SAP. This means all SOAP calls into PI had to use kerberos authentication which was not feasible in my case.

So that is currently where we are at at the moment... and hoping that PI soon supports Holder-of-Key SAML authentication.

Joy