cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration STMS on solaris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i m using oracle db 10.2.4 with ecc 6 on solaris 5.10 system , now want to configure STMS from our DEV to PRD system.

can anyone tell me that how to configure stms . Is it the same process like stms configuratin on Win OS

rgds

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i m using oracle db 10.2.4 with ecc 6 on solaris 5.10 system , now want to configure STMS from our DEV to PRD system.

> can anyone tell me that how to configure stms . Is it the same process like stms configuratin on Win OS

Yes.

You have to have a shared filesystem (/usr/sap/trans) and configure like you'd do on Windows.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

We have made DEV system as domain controller by the login DDIC in 000 and also we shared the directory of DEV /usr/sap/trans. Then i login PRD with DDIC in 000 then goto STMS it asking that first create the domain controller and we entered the domain controller of DEV then it generates the error ---> RFC communication error with system/destination DOM_CTL (error when opening RFC connection).

Also when we create the RFC in DEV for PRD or vice versa, in tab--->technical setting the we gave the target host name but it will not automaticlly generate the IP in IP address field and says that Host Name UNKNOWN.

One more important thing is that we have coped the DEV system into PRD.

rgds

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Have you set the value of parameter DIR_TRANS to the correct path of the Transport Directertory which you have shared.??

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes we have already created that parameter dir_trans in DEV system

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the host name details in the hosts file of the Dev server and try again. And also set DIR_TRANS variable in the prd server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to set this parameter on Transport Client only.. as your DEV is Transport Domain & you are using DEV trans directory is global transport directory....

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

we made an entry in the host file, then restart the stms process then problem has been sloved

rgds

imran khan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To configure the Transport System SAP recommends to have Global Tranpsport Directory.

1. First decside which system will be Transport Domain Controler: - Generally Development System.

2. Share the /usr/sap/trans directory Transport Domain Controler using NFS.

3. Now Login in 000 client as DDIC user & execute the t-code STMS.

4. It will ask to configure the Transport Domain Controler click on Ok.

5. Set the parameter DIR_TRANS on Transport Domain Client (Production/Quality System) to the path of NFS mounted directory.

6. Login to 000 client as DDIC user on Transport Domain Client (Production/Quality System) & execute STMS.

7. It will ask to include the system in Transport Domain, click on OK.

8. Now login again on Transport Domain Controler in 000 client & Approve Request.

9. In Transport Domain Controler click on Overview--> Transport Routes

10. Click on Configuration> Standard Configuration-> Select Appropriate to your Landscape.

11. Now configure your transport router DEV>QAS>PRD

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for your reply, but tell me that is it necessary to make the RFC connection b/w (domain controller and its clients).

rgds

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to create the RFC connections. The system will automatically create/generate it when you configuring the Transport System.

Thanks,

Shambo