cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to the WSDL file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I generated the WSDL file when we were in the development system, now that scenario is moved to the quality and production.

is there any need to generate the new WSDL files for quality and production, because in the WSDL file, PI server host name is there.

so shall I need to change that host name ? or not required any changes at all.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is actually no need to regenerate the WSDL, but all you need is to change the address in the WSDL to point to the QA and PRD systems. But for you to be reassured, you can regenerate them

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boppana,

I would strongly recommend to recreate the wsdl once again in QA and Prod rather than changing the existing one because of few issues which is given by the other reply. As you said you will only chagne host name, but apart from host the port might be different, business system might be different. So jsut to overcome all these issues try to regenerate and it should not take mcuh time also.

Regards,

---Satish

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WSDL contains the end point. Its the url of the system where the service resides. I suggest you to regenerate WSDL on Quality and Production system and use that. Manually modifying the WSDL might leads to inconsistencies, for instance once you consume the WSDL and create client proxy, which contains the WSDL details, so it is better to regenerate WSDL on QS and PRD systems.

Regards,

Prasanna