cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Zones for TLB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anybody experienced the use of transportation Zones to run TLB?

Is it working only for Customer Location? (as mentioned in SAP help) or is there a way to make it work with Distribution centers location?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julien

yes the STO number in APO will be same for different locations which are made as per the TLB profile.

If there is direct shipment alrady mapped in ECC (default document type, one step.. etc) for the location sunder the zone you dont have to make any settings in ECC.When the STO with Different destination locations will enetr ECC it will automatically split them into deifferent STO numbers.

The deliveries will have to be made by collating different STO as the individual STO now will not be according to the Truck size.

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

Transportation zone are for customer.

They are usually used for TPVS.... I never heard about transportation zone for TLB, but if somebody has, please let me know.

I might be wrong but I think transportation zone can be created for other location type for TM (again if somebody could confirm...)... Anyway it will not help you.

One question: what are you trying to do with the transportation zone in TLB?

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For TLB it is in the scenario where you have for the same source location several destination location possible (several transportation lane)

TLB selection is by transportation lane.

Therfore instead of running TLB several times, I wanted to create a transportation zone to gather all the destination location to have at the end only one TL and run TLB once for all

Best regards

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

Sorry for late answer (holidays)

As far as I am, this funciton is not supported.

At the end the TLB is used to create trucks. Do you want the same truck to replenish different locations?

TLb does not plan round trip, so where is your truck supposed to go?

If round trip is what you want to do then, then you should be looking at TPVS.

Else, I suggest to run the TLb in background for multiple lane, and use interactive to review result only.

I might still to a bit confused about what you try to do, if so... sorry

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I was referring to different destination locations which are actually in the same geographical place.

I thought there would be such a functionality to avoid running TLB 3 times while all the trucks are actually going to the same place,

Best regards

EL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EL,

In this case, there might be a solution using shipping point.

But you need to change a bit your design.

You can now CIF the shipping point in APO, and you could use this location for your TLB...

I guess if nthe 3 locations have the same shipping point it might work; but to be honest I have never try this functionality.

Maybe somebody else will have advice your you here...

I you get to something let us know

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

you can very much do Truck Load building for zones maintained for warehouses. Pls go the following steps

1. Create a Transporatation ZOne.

2. Assign all the locations for which you want to club together tlb in the location hierarcy under the zone.

3. Maintain the T lane between the Plant./ source location to the zone.

4. When taking TLB specify TLB destination location as zone.

When u created the TLB it will club the deployed quantities of all the locations under the location hierarchy of the ZOne and

try to make truck loads. This way the STO number will be different for different locations but put together it will be forming a truck load for different locations.

We are having the same scenario for our business and we have modelled it in the way mentioned above. It is working as per your desired requirement.

If you find the answer satisfactory pls confirm it so that i can redeem points. I lost my earlier account number so i had to use the other one which dosent have any points :).

-Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

It sounds good!

Just to clarify: you can have 1 TLb order with mltiple STO, each STO with a different locations?

Your location can have different shipping points?

No integration issue with R/3?

What does the deliveries and shipment look like in R/3?

Hi EL,

Could oyu test the solution suggested by Virender and let us know how it goes?

Thanks and regards

Julien

Julien