SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User/System Status profile in emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone help me as i am trying to load the User Statuses with Status Profile through emigall as i cannot find it ,

is there any way i can use it in FUNCLOCHA Migration Object to upload the status,

Has anyone done it before,

I was also trying to upload the Standard Class Indicator for Classification data of a Functional

Location & Partner Functions for the same, so can you please tell can we do that in emigall,

Can we create a functional module to do that ?

thank you in advance.

Regards,

Robert.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can set the status using the EMIGALL object OBJSTATUS.

If that doesn't work out,You can try by develop a custom obejct using the FM 'STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN' and passing the OBJNR from the table IFLOT for the functional location. Make sure that the status profile is in place before you use this FM.

If that fails, try to create a recording for the transaction and use it in the EMIGALL object.

Regarding your second query, use OBJCLASS object.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your reply!

Well i tried to use the service module but you know there is a field called client which is again causing the service to gives me a error in the report.

Well is there any way i can rectify the error.

and if i use the standard object it takes the Equipment master for the device and then it starts giving the problem.

if i do a BDC i get a error :

Error in creation of structure ZMG_ZISU_ZCLASSIFIC

Structure ZMG_ZISU_ZCLASSIFIC could not be created due to an internal error.

Thank you!!

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Well my Database Table is not getting updated and i have tried to use your instruction for

BAPI_NEW_KEY_NEWKEY = 'X'

DB_UPDATE = 'X'.

I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS BUT YOU KNOW AS ITS A STANDARD REPORT AND WHEN I NEED TO ADD THE PIECE OF CODE IN THE EVENTS.

I WOULD NEED TO KNOW WHERE EXACTLY I AM PUTTING THE UPDATE STATEMENT AS I SEE THAT THE SY-SUBRC WAS 0 MANY TIMES IN THE CODE DEBUGGING PART.

SO CAN YOU TELL ME AN EXACT LOCATION IF YOU CAN DO THE SAME IN YOUR SYSTEM AND LET ME KNOW, SO THAT I CAN MAKE THE NECCESSARY CHANGES IN THE CODE AND START THE DATA MIGRATION

THANKS SACHIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP, ITS REALLY NICE OF YOU TO HELP ME OUT HERE.

GOOD DAY!!

REGARDS

ROBERT

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You need to code the event at Call02 point and give the Sort Order as 11. Select the Code option there and give a name for your Code. Then click on the code button and then in the editor, write the

BAPI_NEW_KEY_NEWKEY = 'X'

DB_UPDATE = 'X'.

statments after checkin the value of subrc.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I am able to use OBJCLASS object. You need to provide followign vlaues:

Header Strucutre : CLASS- Transfer value from file

Class Type- Transfer from file

Object Type - IFLOT

Data Structure : Field - TPLNR

Value - Transfer the Functional Location Number from file

Value Structure: CHARACT- Trasnfer from file

VALUE - Transfer from file

Regarding the OBJSTATUS object, there is no status profile setup in my system, So I can't test the object, but I am sure it works. I have used it in other system. Tell me waht exactly is the error you are getting.

Regards,

Sachin

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your reply,

Well now the data team requires ME to club all the features(USER STATUS,CLASSIFICATION,PARTNER) in functional location change object,

my question is that can we club the objects together and how,

have you ever done that as emigall is completely new thing for me,

so i would require your further expertise if you can assist me in this i would be highly great full.

please let me know how to do this as i tried to collect them in one functional module under Functional location change and things were quite ugly and nothing happened.

thank you for all your help.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can club all these features or migration objects into a single HYPER migration object. I suggest you should go through the Documentation for EMIGALL once to understand the concept of HYPER migration objects.

Also, the input file needs tp be prepared in a different format for HYPER migration objects. Confirm first from the data team if this is indeed possible for them to create such a file. Typically, the file for your requirements will look like as follows:

LEGACY_KEY1 STRUCT1

LEGACY_KEY1 STRUCT1a

LEGACY_KEY1 STRUCT1b

LEGACY_KEY1 &ENDE

LEGACY_KEY2 STRUCT2

LEGACY_KEY2 STRUCT2a

LEGACY_KEY2 STRUCT2b

LEGACy_KEY2 &ENDE

Where Legacy_KEY1 will contain all the data for STATUS, LEagacy KEY 2 for Classification and so on.

LEt me know if you require more infromation.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi sachin,

I am still getting the error in the Emigall which is says the ISU-table for 2222 can not be supplemented.

if i see the long text for that error ,

it says, the service module can not create the migration object.

regards

Robert.

0 Kudos

Robert,

In which Object are you getting this error??

Also, can you show what input file you are giving for the Old KEy 2222??

Also, check if the DB_UPDATE value is not SPACE when the FM ISU_M_KSV_UPDATE

is being called after the service module. Since a new object(new key) is not being created, we have to give 'X' to DB_UPDATE, so that the TEMKSV is updated with the Old key and New Key values.

Regards,

Sachin.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please be careful when playing with the standard variables DB_UPDATE. If there is no update in the database this flag must not be set. Also please mind the restrictions of a hyper migration object as pointed out in .

Kind regards,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hi Fritz,

I agree with you completely regarding the DB_UPDATe flag. That is why I have mentioned that the subrc value must be checked after the function module and only if the FM was successful in updating the database, should the parameter DB_UPDATE be updated.

Thanks for emphasizing on the point.

Regards,

Sachin.