Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales return - G/L account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

While creating sales return, it is posted to wrong G/L account

scenario : Order>delv->-Billing->Retn order with reference to sales order--->Return Delevery-credit return [In credit return accounting document is hitting to wrong Gl Account -Sales revenue domestic whereas it should hit Sales return GL

Query

1. In VKOA do we have to maintain differnt account key which can be assigned to GL:

or

2. Do i have to create different pricing procedure for Sales Return.

For sales return in vkoa do i have to change the account determination ( kofk) and assign to the billing doc type?

Please Guide

regards

Sandeep Bhowmick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We too have same req from the client & we did in below method.

we have created new condition table in VKOA - with sales org - dist channel- item cateogry(eg:REN) -

assign this table to resp access seq - make sure , it should be in first line , out of all the other tables. ( the reason is, if system finds one condition record with any resp table, it will stop searching for other condition records).

maintian return GL account against the above combinaiton created with this new table.

its working fine for us, ( if you dont find , Item category field, in field catelog, add this field by selecting , New entries- )

revert

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many options are there. Check this link for one among those

[Sales Return in Other GL |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakhmipathi,

I went through the forum you have mentioned. I understand what they say about setting new PP and account keys, but is there any other way to get different pricing procedure in return order without what I have suggested above??

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

When you do copy from invoice into return order, as per standard setting your pricing procedure will get copied too, thus the GL accounts which get hit would be the same as your invoice.

If you want to hit different GL accounts then

1. you have to use a different pricing procedure for return order

2. use different account keys and assign them to respective GL accounts. and

3. to pick different pricing procedure for return, in VTAF (copy control from billing to sales order) maintain first DataT as 053.

Please try these and let me know if it fixes your issue

Siva

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.