cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inspection Lot and Material Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created a manual inspection lot using inspection type 89. i wanted to make a relationship between my GRN material document and the Manual inspection lot. Is there a way to link these two. Even in the table level is there a relationship between these two?

Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you use Inspection type - 01 & 89 both? Do you use batch management? If this is the case then you can do it.

At the time of GRN system will create one inspection lot of origin with unique batch number. Now when you create manual lot of 89 type then assign same batch number to lot 89. This way same batch number would be for both lot type & you can simply interlink 89 lot with GRN document.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nehal,

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes we are maintaining batches. What my requirement is PO with two line items for two sales orders once we GRN two inspection lots are getting created (for 01 inspection type). What i want to do is to combine these two inspection lots and create a one single inspection lot for RR. I thought of using a ABAP development. But solution you gave is quite helpful. Please see the scenario below.

PO - 470000565

LI 10 - Material 1000157 Qty - 100 - Sales Order 60156

LI 20 - Material 1000157 Qty - 60 - Sales Order 60157

If i assign inspection type 01 for the above mentioned material two inspection lots will be created with the same batch number. What i want to do is in RR combine these two and record results for one inspection lot. By using inspection type 89 even though i can create one inspection lot combing those two, SO reference (Mat Doc reference) is not there. What you suggested is good but once i create a manual inspection lot the way you explained how do i keep the relationship to the automatic generated inspection lot. If you could explain little bit further really appreciate.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not change the indicator 'Control insepction Lot' to '1'

'1' An inspection lot for each material document and material

If you set this indicator, the system creates only one inspection lot for a material document (in a goods receipt transaction) for each material. This setting is useful, if several purchase orders or partial deliveries are processed for the same material in a goods receipt transaction.

U can change the setting through the customizing of ' Define default values of Inspection Type' for all material or MM01/MM02 for the particular material.

Hope helpful for you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pinknaive,

Thanks for the reply. I change the Control inspection lot to 1. But there also two inspection lots are coming. Even though its only one material document, in the inspection lot it self Data for lot origin tab has material document item level. one lot has mat doc item 1 and second one has mat doc item 2. That is why i my question was to create inspection lot manually by combining two inspection lots. I hope your clear about this. Is there any other method you propose?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I tested in our system, And only one inspection lot was created for the two items on one doucument.

are you check the following things:

1. do you set the indicator '1' before you post GR.

2. two item with same batch and same storage location.

Edited by: pinknaive on Aug 14, 2009 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes. Indicator in the QM view created at the point of material creation.

2. Yes. Has same batch and same storage location.

Is there any other settings that i need to do in Customizing?

besides then in your inspection lot in account assignment screen how does two SO shows?

Regards,

DTD

Edited by: TMDTDSL on Aug 14, 2009 11:08 AM

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>PO - 470000565

> LI 10 - Material 1000157 Qty - 100 - Sales Order 60156 - Batch X123

> LI 20 - Material 1000157 Qty - 60 - Sales Order 60157 - Batch X123

>

> If i assign inspection type 01 for the above mentioned material two inspection lots will be created with the same batch number. What i want to do is in RR combine these two and record results for one inspection lot. By using inspection type 89 even though i can create one inspection lot combing those two, SO reference (Mat Doc reference) is not there. What you suggested is good but once i create a manual inspection lot the way you explained how do i keep the relationship to the automatic generated inspection lot. If you could explain little bit further really appreciate.

Your understanding is correct here. For above two lot if you batch number X123 then simply assign this batch number X123 to manually created lot with type 89, this way you can map all three lot with batch number.

If you want to enter SO in manually created lot for information or reference then assign this SO at field short text in QA01 (technical name - QALS-KTEXTLOS)

FYI - For 89 lot you can do RR & UD for record but this lot would be not stock relevant.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1. Yes. Indicator in the QM view created at the point of material creation.

> 2. Yes. Has same batch and same storage location.

>

> Is there any other settings that i need to do in Customizing?

>

> besides then in your inspection lot in account assignment screen how does two SO shows?

>

> Regards,

> DTD

>

> Edited by: TMDTDSL on Aug 14, 2009 11:08 AM

Hello,

No.

Only show the first item's sales order in the account assingment screen.

Edited by: pinknaive on Aug 24, 2009 8:19 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello DTD,

I am not quite sure what you want to achieve?

01 inspection lots are stock relevant and 89 are not stock relevant.

Accordingly the 01 is assigned to a material document and the 89 inspection lot is not.

If you want to maintain the material document you could use the Exit QPL10001for this purpose.

This way you could maintain values to the inspection lot as long as no results have been recorded using QA02.

Maybe this information can help you resolve the issue.

If you want to transfer values then try using the BADI QECOPY

Regards

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isabelle,

What i want to do is once two materials GRN (same material) for one material document i want to create one inspection lot. But in the QM view what ever the Control Inspection Lot i used two material documents are creating. Why is this happening? Is there any NOTE or EXIT available to get one inspection lot no matter how much materials we GRN?

Even for the Type 89 if we use Exit QPL10001will we be able to relate it via material document? What did u mean by 89 is not stock relevant? could you explain little bit furtherplease..

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my Understanding your requirement is as follows:

1. You have one Material which is required for a Product which is Make to Order.

2. You are making GRN wherein there are two line items of the same material number as Sales Orders are different.

3. You want to generate one inspection lot as Material Number received is same and also fom the same Vendor.

Please answer my quries now,

1. What is maintained in MRP 4 View Individual/Collective Field. If you want to add up requirements for multiple Sales Orders maintain Collective else Individual would suffice. I hope you are maintaining Individual Requirements or the field is empty and hence you are getting PO against each Sales Order. Here, itself if you maintain Collective Indicator, you can have PO with single line item catering to multiple Sales Order.

2. Are batch numbers same for the two line items at the time of GRN? If same, maintain "For each Material, Batch and Storage Location" in Control Insplot Field of the Inspection Type Details Screen. So that you would be generating single insp. lot corresponding to two line items during GRN.

Hope this would clear your doubt.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kappettu,

I used all the Inspection Lot control mechanisms, but nothing worked. I guess i have to do a customise ABAP development to accommodate this. Thanks for the inputs.

Regards,

DTD