cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy functionality of Sales office and sales group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP does not allow sales office and sales group information to flow between documents. Say, quotation to order.

I'm not able to understand the reason for this, can someone explain please

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankur for your replies

I'm not marking this question as answered, since my question is not addressed yet.

I'm repeating and reframing my question very clearly here below;

Why Sales office and Sales group is not included in Routine 501, copy control header(order to order).

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The reason for not coping the sales group and sale office from preceding document to subsequent is to avoid the errors in MIS reporting for sales and billing.For example inquiry has received from sales org.A ,then company will send the quotation to A from different sales office and after that company A might be having different sales offices and sales groups in that sales area.Due to this ,again system will expect the entries from user who is creating the order.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Pasapula.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business reason is that the sales office concerns geographical aspects of the organization in business development.

Because of this "geographical aspects", this datas are linked and so coming from Sold-to party master data (or coming from initial screen va01) and are not linked to the document (offer or sales order) itself. According to me, that's why these datas are not copied from Offer to Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I checked 051 routine at header.

We need to alter this routine to get this done,

But why these fields were left out in 051, is there is any business reason - this is my question.

Pls answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check the Data Transfer as 001 - Partner Header.

Also check in the user Exit MV45AFZZ ,might be logic is there regarding the Sales office & Sales Group that dont copy the data from the Referred Document.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why in standard SAP these fields were left in copy control? This is my question? Any specific reason!!

Complete reference has nothing do with this!!

you replies are appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the Routines ..

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can Copy the same through Copy Control.just check in the Routines between these two Sales Order Types .Must be logic is not allowing you to save the Sales Office & Sales Group from Preceding Document.

Select the Check Box "Complete Reference" at Header level in the Copy Control.

Best Regards,

Ankur