cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client Copy SAP BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to copy my BI Production system into my QA system to recreate the QA system. I have tried to do this with SCC9 and profile SAP_ALL, but after the copy some of my Infocubes are inactive and not at all similar to the Productions system.

Have I used the right approach to recreate my QA system from the PRD system, or is there a better way?

By the way, I do not need the data from PRD system.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my understanding, Hope you need all your prod. data in your Q BI system.So this inturn means you need a copy of your P .

But at the end this depends on your requirment.specially for BI if you do a client copy it would not be good as client copy will never carry ODS/infoproviders/BI specific data so

So I would suggest you to use system copy method which was suggested by SAP or you can use normal db refresh technique.and you have to run BDLS and estabilish source system connections(RSA1) also

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Odd,

Client copy wont help you. You have to do system copy .

Please give me your system configuration eg db and OS ( and size of DB ),. Then we can suggest you..how to proceed for system copy.

Thanks and Regards,

Arun Rathour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your quick reply.

We are running the system on an Oracle 10.2.0.2 DB on Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 platform. The PRD database is approx. 190GB, but we do not need all the transaction data from the PRD system, only the config and developed Infoproviders etc (from RSA1). We can reload the needed transaction data from our source system to the QA system after the system copy.

Thanks againg

Edited by: Odd Hilt on Aug 13, 2009 1:01 PM