cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR - Error in Rule Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I encountered the following error when generating rules in RAR.

Error in Rule Generation! Reason:Cannot assign NULL to host variable 1. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_CC_RTMAP" ("ROOTELEM","AUTHKEY") VALUES (?,?)".

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and what action have you taken to remediate this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like a space is left in begining or end in your function object values. Are you defining functions / risks and generating rule one by one or it is mass rule generation for sap standard rules?

We encountered this issue while creating function and space before or after object value was left.

Please check.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have checked all the text files for null values and trim all the columns for spaces before & after the values. However, I still get the same error when generating the rules. Can I confirm whether the following fields can be left blank?

1. function permission text file - Object, Field, From Value, To Value (for some customised transaction codes)

2. risk text file - Function 3 ID, Function 4 ID, Function 5 ID

3. risk description text file - Control Objective

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like you are have set a field value to nothing(NULL) where as it should have been maintained with some value. Please check your load file for nulls and see.

Regards,

Ajesh Raju.