cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Barcode printing in SAPscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to print barcode in my script. I assigned barcode font to the numbers which I want in the form of barcode, I am able to see barcode in the print preview but when I am trying to take printout , in printout barcode is not appearing.

I try same barcode font with the smartform I am getting barcode in the printpreview as well as in the printout of the smartform with the same printer.

Can any one help me in this issue. Is there any other setting required in the smartform or its driver program?

Thanks.

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It depends on which kind of barcode fornt you're using.

In last SAP release there's a new tecnique to print the barcode by smartform: this tecnique translate the barcode as graph so the printer manages the baracode just as if it was a logo and It doesn't need any other hardware or software to print a barcode.

This tecnique is available for smartform only, else u make sure your printer can print a barcode, you can see a dummy barcode in preview.

I have had your same problem, and I found out this very usefull answer in the forum:

Barcode Printing issue using Forms

Hi, In general, if you want to print a barcode, somebody must draw the bars of the

barcode to get a correct print. There are four possible ways to print barcodes from SAP:

1. Print e.g. via a Barcode DIMM/SIMM To use this way, the printer must be able to print

barcodes by itself so it needs e.g. a special barcode SIMM/DIMM module to print the

barcodes. ie: HP printers do not contain barcode fonts by default so a DIMM module with

the fonts must be installed. The print works as follows: The SAP sends a simple printer

escape sequence to the printer, which activates the barcode printing in the printer. Then

the SAP sends the barcode number and finally it sends a printer escape sequence, which

switches the printer back to normal printing. So in this way the bars of the barcode are

created in the printer (and you only see a dummy barcode in the print preview). Se the

SAP Note 45643 about the sequences for Jetcaps BarDIMM used for printing barcodes on HP

Laserjet printers. The correct BarDIMM modules for different HP printer models can beseen

on the JetMobile website at the URL below: http://www.jetmobile.com/products/SJ_BD.htm

2.Print via a barcode.dll If your printer doesn't have a barcode DIMM, it cannot create the

bars of the barcode itself. So this must be done elsewhere. One possibility is that you

print via a Windows system, SAPSprint or SAPLPD, device type SAPWIN and a barcode.dll.

ie: Your printer is connected to a Windows system that runs the SAPSprint or SAPLPD

program If you print via device type SAPWIN, the creation of the print data is done in

the Windows. So the Windows may create a graphic, which contains the bars of the barcode,

and send this graphic to the printer. The job to create the barcode graphic is done by

the barcode.dll. See SAP note 14561. 3. New barcode technology If your printer doesn't

have a barcode DIMM and if you don't want to use a barcode.dll, you may use the new

barcode technology, which is described in the SAP Notes #645158 and #430887. However this

is only possible when printing from Smartforms. In this way SAP itself creates a picture,

which contains the bars of the barcode. This picture is sent to the printer. One

important requirement when you print the barcode via a Smartform is that you have at

least release 46C. 4. Use of a barcode font There are some font files (e.g. Windows TTF

files), which contains bars instead of characters. So if you use these font files, the

bars of the barcode are printed instead of a text. You may buy such a font file, install

it under Windows and use it via device type SAPWIN according to SAP Note #48803. Since

release 46C these files can also be uploaded into the SAP and used via other device

types.

Regards, Aidan

I hope it can help you

P.s.: I post the answer here, because I can't looking for the original post now, so thank very much to Aidan

Max

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Barcode in smartform will go as an image to the Printer so prints, whereas for Sap Scripts it doesnot , all u need to check the Printer Drivers and check whether it print other BarCodes from MS word if not check with Basis consultant and ask him to load the drivers for it.

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

some of printers not supporting the SAP script barcodes, check with basis people regarding printer settings..