cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating sales order for material with another DIVISION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a problem with my sales order creation.

I have defined a new sales area 0010 / 10 / 01. I have the sales order type assigned to this sales area. (in VOV8 for the sales order type, in the 'General Control' the 'item division' is flagged.

Now, I have created the sold to party XYZ with all the partner functions defaulted same as the sold to party for the sales area 0010 / 10 / 01.

NOW, I have the material ABC with the DIVISION 10 in the basic data. I have extended the material to my sales org & dist. channel & plant.

Now, while creating the sales order for my sales area 0010 / 10 / 01 , I enter the sold to party XYZ - it is OK. But when I enter the material ABC, I get the error - "SHIP TO PARTY IS NOT DEFINED FOR SALES AREA 0010 / 10 / 10"

Please help to resolve the issue.

Edited by: Vivek on Aug 13, 2009 9:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solution summary as explained in the thread

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Common division for Material Master data will not work

Because in the material master Division is a field not an organizational unit

Means when you create MMR you will give sales org, DC, Plant as organizational units and then enter but not division

Division is a field maintained in basic data and sales org data 1

This is the reason in t code you will find in t code VOR2 Common division only customer and conditions but not materials

But in t code VOR1 Common DC ,customer conditions and materials all there are available (you can check these t codes)

Coming to your issue Item div is clecked in your order type

This means the division in MMR has the priority or control for that order type

Your header division is 01 ( taken from customers sales area) and item division is 10 (taken from MMR as per your post)

So it differs

To process this order with Item div is clecked in your order type you need to extend your Sold to party ABC to the sales area 0010/10/10 (the sales area where the division of the material falls)

or alternatively

There should be a customer say DEF created in sales area 0010/10/10 who will be a ship to party ( your error is also the same)

for your ABC that is sold to party in sales area 0010/10/01 where the order is registered

Hope yopu are getting it

ABC in sales area 0010/10/01 will have or should have ship to paty DEF in sales area 0010/10/10

or

ABC should operate in in sales area 0010/10/10 too

If item division is not ticked then these are not necessary as the header division 01 will be valid for all items and syatem will not look MMR at all for division

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for your reply.

You are absolutely correct. But instead for extending my sold to party for the sales area 0010 / 10 / 10, I must define the common division in VOR2 for the customer master. I think this will work. Since the division from the MMR has the priority, so now my sales area becomes 0010 / 10 / 10 and since I have maintained Ref-Div in VOR2, the sold to party ABC with the master record for sales area 0010 / 10 / 01 should work.

Pls let me know if I am wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you define common division for customers in VOR2 it should work.

Also check the value entered in the filed "Check Division" in the sales order details screen in VOV8. This field controls how the system should behave when the item division differs from header division.

Regards

Rajkumar K

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek

I feel that you havent understood the first 4 lines of my previous post that explins why Common division for Material Master data will not work

Item division is marked in your order type means the DIVISION in MMR and customer should be the same

I have maintained Ref-Div in VOR2----> this reference division does not not check your material master sir but your order type is asking to check the division of the material master (item div ticked) They both are different .conflicting and hence the error

Without the options that i said you cannot get away from your error or remove the item div tick in your order type

Logically you think

A customer who has nothing to do with a product range (division= a product range) why he will buy the product? ( you are trying to do that)

There should be some connection between that customer and prooduct range and that is what is system is asking

Your issue is related to material and not customer since you have material as priority we are dragging or extending the sales area of the customer

It is as simple as this

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 13, 2009 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for your reply.

I have maintained the Ref-Div in VOR2. But still I get the error.

Now, on further analysis, I realized that since the division from the MMR has the priority, the sales area for my sales order has become 0010 / 10 / 10. NOW THE MAIN POINT - I have not defined the sales area 0010 / 10 / 10. I have NOW maintained the same. Now, there is no more error. I am able to create the sales order with the material division 10. (Please note that I have not extended my SP or SH to the new sales area 0010 / 10 / 10. Just the entries in VOR2)

Thanks a lot for your help. However Raja please test the same & let me know if I am wrong. Also, please update the thread for the benefit for all.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You customer master is saved on 0010/10/01.

Your material master record in saved on 0010/10/10.

Your sales order is assigned to 0010/10/01.

this is what you have said in your first thread.

You have to do the setting in VOR2 as follows

0010 u2013 10 u2013 01 u2013 01

You might have done this setting in VOR2 and saved it.

Assign your sales area also in OVXG.

0010 u2013 10 u2013 01.

0010 u2013 10 u2013 10.

Both the entries should be there for the proper functioning.

Assign you sales document type to the new combination.

0010 u2013 10 - 10 u2013 sales document type.

Do these setting and create your sales order and tell us whether is functioning or not.

If itu2019s throwing error then please provide that error over here.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Whatever you have mentioned is correct.

I am able to create the sales order. No more error.

But the only part is that I need not assign my sales document type to the new sales area.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Your issue is a learning for me

You havent extended your custoemer in XD01 as suggested (understood)

Pls let me know what is your VOR2 and also VOR1 assgnments ( for your example)

VOR2

salesorg--DivDivConditions--DivCustomers

VOR1

salesorg--DCDCConditions--DC Customersand materials

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

VOR2

0010--1001--01

VOR1

0010--1010--10

Assigned new sales area in OVXG.

0010 u2013 10 u2013 10.

Also, note that my sales document type is not assigned to the new sales area. (also the division is not combined in OVAN)

Please check the same. It has quite a learning for me too.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am little bit confused by your setting.

As you are saying that you have assigned sales document type to sales area

That means 0010/10/01 is what your sales area in sales order.

Now customer master has been saved with this sales area so no problem in determining the customer master data in sales order.

But your material is assigned to 0010/10/10.

So in sales order it will throw an error because of different division.

For that you have maintained setting in VOR2 as

0010/10/01/01

How this setting will trigger up now.

We are using 0010/10/01 in sales order means 0010/01of VOR2.

We have not mentioned any thing for the 0010/10 in the sales order.

Then how your material master has been determined in sales order?

This setting has some problem so can you explain me that.

Your VOR2 setting is not at all comes in picture in sales order.

So whts the need of doing that setting.

If you assign your new sales area to the sales order assignment.

Then I can say it should work properly.

But with out assigning I have this doubt.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me come all over again -

My defined sales area - 0010 / 10 / 01

My sold to party for sales area 0010 / 10 / 01

My sales document type assigned to sales area 0010 / 10 / 01

In my sales document VOV8, i have flagged 'Item Division' in 'General Control'

Now,

when i create the sales order for 0010 / 10 / 01 with material in sales area 0010 / 10 / 10

i get error since the division at item level is determined as 10. (this is because the 'Item Division'

is flagged in VOV8)

so, the new sales area 0010 / 10 / 10 also needs to be defined.

Still, the customer master does not exist for 0010 / 10 / 10.

So, in VOR2, i reference the division as below -

0010--1001--01

Now, my customer master in sales area 0010 / 10 / 01 is valid for 0010 / 10 / 10 also

Now, I can create the sales order with the material with division 10.

Please test the same & let me know.

Regards,

Vivek

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This is happeneing becuase the materila division has been defined as "10" and you have created the customer for the sales area with division "01".So extend your customer master( XD01- Create the customer with same number by copying from the existing customer ) to the sales area with the division "10". This should resolve your problem.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to XD02 and check once again that you have entered proper sales area while creating the customer master data.

Go to MM02 and give your material number.

Go to the Sales: sales org. 1 tab and check which division you have given.

It should be 01 to work it properly.

Why you are using division 10 instead of 01 in material master.

Also check your sales area in OVXG.

Regards

Raj.

Edited by: Raj Aryan Malhotra on Aug 13, 2009 12:47 PM