cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Oracle database through JDBC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement JDBC to IDOC scenario.

In the Communication Channel for the sender I gave the following values for DATABASE CONNECTION.

JDBC Driver : Driver name

Connection :

User Name : username

Password : password

What should be given in the Connection parameter if say ipaddress is xxx port is yyy and database name is zzz?

How will i know whether the connection to the database has been established & if there is any error in connecting to the DB then how should I track the error?

Kindly help me out in this .

Thanks & Regards,

Malathi V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hava a problem similar to the one in this thread.I have JDBC reciever adapter. XI is in different network, and the database is in different network(the port forwarding is done as the DB is in the LAN)

Error:

Processing Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@62.234.221.192:1521:krishna' failed: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

I double checked the details in the above string and appears to be right.

The IP provided by my ISP is:62.234.221.192

port on which oracle running is:1521

Oracle global database name: KRISHNA

Oracle SID: krishna

so what should I do next to nail this down.

Thanks in advance.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Try give the global Database name ( in caps ) , KRISHNA in your case.

<b>jdbc:oracle:thin:@62.234.221.192:1521:KRISHNA</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh - thanks, I tried as you suggested but i still get the same error.

Error:

Processing Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@62.234.221.192:1521:KRISHNA' failed: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Moorthy/Michal - is there something you could chime on this.

Appreciated.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JDBC Driver : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Conneciont : jdbc:oracle:thin:@100.100.100.1:port;<SID>

if it will be helful for you, please give me a point

thanks

venjamin(YD)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

To access any Database from XI, you will have to install the corresponding Driver on your XI server.

To install oracle driver, just check this link,

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

The details that have to be entered while adapter configuration if you are using the OJDBC14.jar

jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP adress>:<listener port>:<instance name (database name)>

Driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

I want to check whether the JDBC adapter & the JDBC driver is installed properly .

How do i check that?

Please help me out.

Regards,

Malathi V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to service.sap.com and then look at this guide file

How to Install and Configuration External Drivers for JDBC and JMS.pdf

thanks

Venjamin(YD)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi,

This document discusses how to install an external driver,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-964...

Just check if this is what has been done to your scenario.

Next, create a JDBC communication Channel, with the above paramterrs and activate it. Check the Adapter STATUS in the RWB --> ADAPTER MONTORING.

The adapter will error out after activation if the driver has not been installed correctly and will also display the available drivers on your XI server.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the RTW Adapter monitoring I am getting the following error message for JDBC to IDoc scenario.The driver & adapter is installed properly.

Sender Adapter v2108 for Party '', Service 'DXI':

Configured at 2006-05-09 15:16:24 IST

History:

- 2006-05-10 11:49:00 IST: Processing started

- 2006-05-10 11:48:21 IST: Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.17.118.58:1521:ULTDEV' failed: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

- 2006-05-10 11:48:00 IST: Processing started

- 2006-05-10 11:47:21 IST: Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.17.118.58:1521:ULTDEV' failed: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

- 2006-05-10 11:47:00 IST: Processing started

What could be the reason for the error?Do we need access to the database server ( Oracle development server) from the local machine?

Regards,

Malathi v.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Malathi,

Check if this Network Addres is Accesible from your XI server. It does not matter if it is accesible from the local machine. Your mapping gets executed in the XI server, so check if the ip address and port are accesible from the XI server.

Next, check if the GLobal Databasename ULTDEV is correct in your Database.

The driver has been installed correctly as if it would not have recognised the Driver, this error would not have occured and instead, the error would have statedm Driver Not found.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi,

The parameters should be mentioned as follows.

Connection : <b>jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP adress>:<listener port>:<instance name (database name)></b>

Driver : <b>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</b>

Also go through these links for more information regarding the same:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/80/4f34c587f05048adee640f4c346417/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1d/756b3c0d592c7fe10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Regards,

abhy