cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After I created a index in trex, the search function is still not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a beginner in Trex. After created a index in Trex, then I add some documents into the index, then I tried to search the documents from the portal. but I can not found any matches in the Search Engine.

Is it need to active the index ( or rebuild the index) before I search the document? I had try to active or rebuild the index, but it is not effect.

does anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi haiwei,

Welcome to SDN!

Check for the TREX servers and their status.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/eb/aaa0af02a0734a82c0241f5f62cb67/frameset.htm

Check whether all the documents are indexed or not? If not what is the index and queue server status?

Regards,

Ganesh N

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

As your instruction, I flushed the queue and reindex the index. and I found that the queue is ok with 3 files OK( I have only 5 files on the queue)

But there are some problems on it.

1) I can only match the search results in 2 files , the other file can not return to result no matter what word that I type, why ?

2) there are 2 files are not get the OK status, I hope I can get the log or message for it, How can I do that?

3) I hope the reindex action can run in immediate, but the reindex just effect in next day. Can I do run the flash queue and reindex immediate?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haiwei

Did you find answers to your three questions?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Martin

thanks for your helping me.

it seems this problem is sloved, in fact there is no any wrongs with the system. the problem just is the reponse of the system is too slowly

thansk !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haiwei,

can you give some details of your landscape and host performance? So maybe we can find out why your system is too slow.

Regards, Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you

I will try it now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haiwei

After reindexing your documents, go to System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Index Administration > TREX Monitor (related links). Then a new window should pop up. In here select Display Queues, find your index and see if any documents have reached the "OK" column to the right.

If not, then try to flush the queue, you do that from the same window > change queue status, select your index and click flush. If you wait for about thirty minutes the queues should be flushed automatically.

Kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

according your insturction, I see the Document Status of my queue is "Delay", and I flush it now.

How can I do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

the message that I just given may be not correct. the Delay message is just the default of the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haiwei

I'm not sure it makes much sense to flush an index until the documents have reached the status "To be transmitted".

Here you can see what the status of your documents mean: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/3fa73bfa3dc87be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm.

You can see your options in relation to the queue area here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e9/1fbc407e71712ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm.

Depending on how many documents you are indexing and the size of your TREX setup, you might need to be patient for the documents to reach the "OK"-state.

Best regards,

Martin